D&D 5E Spell & Crossbones

peterka99

First Post
Etienne is happy to indulge himself with a description of his faith.

"No, friend. African witches and warlocks are not the only magic users of the era.

Back in the North, the nature spirits can also bestow powers to those who chant and dance for them .

Eons ago, Celts also got supernatural help from Gaul and British islands wilderness spirits. Let me relate my own faith to theirs. They were call Bards."

"Now, can you please rehearse with me. Pater noster..."

Matthan

Explorer
Blaise smiles as he recites the Lord's Prayer in Latin. He hadn't attended Mass in years, but some lessons stick with you. "Okay, follow my lead. We'll try to talk our way in, but if it goes south and ends in a fight try to knock them unconscious. There's no need to kill anyone over this."

OOC: What do we see as we approach the jail?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"There ish no need to drag me anywhere my amigo! I am quite capable of handling a night on the town on my own."

She pointed towards the door. "That one, however, hash isssuesh. Why would he ever take that bet?" Katerina laughed heartily at that while shaking her head. "I should go give him shome aid, but instead I'd rather look for more crew. Does anyone look promishing?"

She nodded to Jacques. "Aside from this one who has already joined us to cook us delectable mealsh aboard our new ship?"

[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Do you guys want to role play and try to recruit members for our voyage or are you done? If so, feel free to post retiring for the night to move things along!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
We have tons of recruiting to do, just have to wander around and find some sturdy looking types. With our fancy new cook, we can also head down the beach and lure in the 12 snooty French buccaneers lol

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Shayuri

First Post
Nia sighs and nods. Recruiting needed to be done, and this was as good a time to do it as any. This way she would at least know who was coming on, who to watch, who to carefully vet for signs of compromise.

"Very well. I will accompany you." She smiled thinly. "...and I will try not to scare too many prospects away."

Quickleaf

Legend
Blaise smiles as he recites the Lord's Prayer in Latin. He hadn't attended Mass in years, but some lessons stick with you. "Okay, follow my lead. We'll try to talk our way in, but if it goes south and ends in a fight try to knock them unconscious. There's no need to kill anyone over this."

OOC: What do we see as we approach the jail?

Dressed in the black robes of Benedictines, Blaise and Etienne approach the gaol (jail), an octagonal wooden building built atop a stone foundation. The covered roof would provide an excellent place for a man with a rifle to pick off raiding parties – or fleeing prisoners – were it not for the construction having been halted due to a shortage of funds. Pirates, it would seem, had other ways to spend their wealth. Much of the old damage from past fighting on Nassau hasn't been repaired either, leaving scorch marks on several of the walls, and shrubs and palms overgrow the yard, providing sufficient cover if one wanted to approach unseen. The construction suggests that there are at least eight cells, and perhaps more down below in the basement – an older crude prison that may have been used before the English ever claimed Nassau. There are no sign of sentries on patrol outside, nor any foot traffic coming or going from the gaol.

NassauPublicLibrary.jpg

peterka99

First Post
The plan is to be seen, not unseen. Etienne starts to sing to Brother eagle to get his splendor, to get more impressive, pretending it to be a Christian psaum.

While approaching the jail, he opens his pupils wide to see inhabitants in the dark and tries to hear them.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Nia sighs and nods. Recruiting needed to be done, and this was as good a time to do it as any. This way she would at least know who was coming on, who to watch, who to carefully vet for signs of compromise.

"Very well. I will accompany you." She smiled thinly. "...and I will try not to scare too many prospects away."

"If they are schared away, it's their loss," Kat stated confidently. "We don't need any scharedy cats on our ship anyways."

She let her gaze wander around the crowded tavern, looking for competent sailors and fighters. If there were any or be had, she'd have them.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Remove ads