• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spellcraft Check for Metamagic on Spells?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
This wouldn't matter for counterspelling purposes, but it'd be nice to know - and could matter, if you have that FR feat (Reactive Counterspell?)

I would think that unless you're using Heighten Spell, the metamagic wouldn't count for upping the spell's level for Improved Counterspell purposes.

I would still let any 4th level Evocation (with Improved Counterspell) counter a Empowered, Maximized Fireball.

-Hyp.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Hypersmurf said:
I would think that unless you're using Heighten Spell, the metamagic wouldn't count for upping the spell's level for Improved Counterspell purposes.

I would still let any 4th level Evocation (with Improved Counterspell) counter a Empowered, Maximized Fireball.

I agree with your second example, but that's not the ability I'm refering to. I'm taling about the ablity to counerspell without a readied action.

One mighjt choose to counterspell an Empowered fireball but not a fireball.

Remove ads