spellcraft on Boots of Elvenkind?

MythandLore

First Post
Re: Re: Read the Book.

Kershek said:

Although I can see points for both sides, personally I'm going to use Illusion because I think it makes more sense.
AHHH!!!!!

Glamor is an Illusion sub-type, so it is an Illusion!
Illusion: Glamor page158 in the PHB.
What did you think a Glamor was?

kender

First Post
hong said:

Nope. The intent of wearing boots of elvenkind is to keep from being heard. Why does one usually want to keep from being heard? To avoid being beaten on by guards and other nasty things. Boots of elvenkind are an essentially defensive item, and I don't see any problem labelling them as such.

According to your point of view even spells such as invisibility should be abjuration spells... they protect you form being seen...;-)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
According to your point of view even spells such as invisibility should be abjuration spells... they protect you from being seen...;-)

Not to mention the flashy Evocation spells - Fireball, Lightning Bolt, and so on. Should all be Abjuration too, 'cos we all know the best defence is a good offence.

-Hyp.

FANGO

First Post
Read the book....again

There's general rules for finding this stuff out....the SRD says that the school of magic is the school that the spells that are prerequisites for making the item are. Since there aren't any prerequisites for boots of elvenkind (spell-wise, at least), then you fall back on the general school of items, which is also described in the SRD:

"armor and protective items" are abjurations
"weapons or offensive items" are invocation
and "bonus to ability score, skill check, etc." is transmutation.

So in this case, it's transmutation magic.

MythandLore

First Post
Re: Read the book....again

FANGO said:
"bonus to ability score, skill check, etc." is transmutation.

So in this case, it's transmutation magic.
Transmutation it is...
No, what's that?
Abjuration?
Sorry FANGO, Boss says Abjuration.

"But the book sa..."

Nope, sorry, the boss says Abjuration.
Are you gonna mess with the boss?
I sure ain't.
So are ya', huh, are ya'?

"Well I d..."

That's right, didn't think so.
Abjuration it is.
Everything is Abjuration!
Wha? What's that?
The Boss proclaims hence forth today shall be known as Abjuration day.
And all things shall become one with Abjuration.
Abjuration for all, and all for Abjuration.
A little Abjuration for you, a little Abjuration for me.
Do the Abjuration.
Don't forget to eat you Abjuration kids.
I gotta go Abjuration the Abjuration so I can Abjuration the Abjuration before I Abjuration.
Abjuration to all, and to all a good Abjuration. :)

Darklone

hehehehe

I'd go with Transmutation. There are similar spells in several books that soften your feet ... Rabbits Foot in R&R? Hah, I think it's both Illusion AND Transmutation! :)

So fireball and lightning bolt are both Abjuration??? Cool! I always wanted to play an Abjurer!

Remove ads