Spelljammer Spelljammer in D&D 5e Speculation: How Will the Setting Be Changed?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Well, it looks like the people predicting that the Phlogiston would get replaced by the Astral Sea were right. I also was a bit incorrect in specific predictions on what monsters probably wouldn't appear in this release. I really didn't think that monsters like the Fractine and Goon Balloon would get updated to D&D 5e, but they're included in the new Spelljammer Monsters PDF. Maybe some of the more gonzo monsters will be included in the main monster book after all.

I assume these are new too?

1650580270887.png

Weiley31

Legend
As much as I want my anime Bunny Girls to appear alongside my anime Slime girls for my Spelljammer: Adventures in Space campaigns, I see the Lunar Sorcerer sadly not appearing in this book. Shadows of the Dragon Queen yes, unless it got the axed.

But at least my anime Bunny Girls on their moon rock asteroid cities can use the Moon Domain cleric subclass from Taldore the Campaign Setting: Reborn for maximum flavor value. Xanathar gave us the Samurai subclass already so the martials are covered there.

darjr

I crit!
Well, it looks like the people predicting that the Phlogiston would get replaced by the Astral Sea were right. I also was a bit incorrect in specific predictions on what monsters probably wouldn't appear in this release. I really didn't think that monsters like the Fractine and Goon Balloon would get updated to D&D 5e, but they're included in the new Spelljammer Monsters PDF. Maybe some of the more gonzo monsters will be included in the main monster book after all.
But what I’d they are not in the three book set? Technically they are not in it…..

Jer

Legend
Supporter
It's also interesting how they haven't mentioned the Scro at all. Maybe they're dropping them, or just replacing them entirely with just normal Orcs?
IIRC the scro were tied up with the Unhuman War backstory, and I suspect they're leaving that stuff on the cutting room floor.

(I was re-reading my Spelljammer recently and I'd forgotten how ... genocidal the elves were in that backstory.)

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
IIRC the scro were tied up with the Unhuman War backstory, and I suspect they're leaving that stuff on the cutting room floor.

(I was re-reading my Spelljammer recently and I'd forgotten how ... genocidal the elves were in that backstory.)
Yes please, no Elven Space Navy. It's not that I didn't like Elven ships, but the idea that Elves everywhere are united in this genocidal, racist, Space Force always made me cringe.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases