Spelljammer Spelljammer setting Unlocks on the DMsGuild 8/16!

Rogerd1

Adventurer
So what is allowed if it unlocks?

Darksun?

Birthright?

Just about every setting from D&D 1e through 2e as Spelljammer supposedly connected almost all of them?
Anything you want.
You could include Eberron, Nightfell, Farland. Heck you could import stuff like Age of Sigmar too if you wanted.

That is disappointing as I would prefer the books in pdf. I lack the space for paper books...sadly.

Plus older Spelljammer stuff is on the DMGuild....
I don't get the obsession with the PDF format, something that was specifically designed to preserve formatting when scanning and printing, and is terribad for anything else. It's horrible to read on the screen, if you zoom in enough to make the text big enough to read, half the page disappears of the side and you have to scroll horizontally. It's even worse if some banana-brain decided to use columns (like Unearthed Arcana), so you have to scroll across down up across down.

Rogerd1

Adventurer
I don't get the obsession with the PDF format, something that was specifically designed to preserve formatting when scanning and printing, and is terribad for anything else. It's horrible to read on the screen, if you zoom in enough to make the text big enough to read, half the page disappears of the side and you have to scroll horizontally. It's even worse if some banana-brain decided to use columns (like Unearthed Arcana), so you have to scroll across down up across down.
Because due to my daughter taking up a lot of room, and cats, I lack the room for physical books. Plus with pdf I can store dozens on one tablet to read at my leisure.

As to reading on a tablet, it isn't horrible to read but double column format is not great, I agree on that. But scrolling up and down is the same on pdf or reading. But YMMV I guess

Unless you can find another digital format capable of allowing the reading of files that can be 200MB, complete with art, pdf seems to be best available; right now.

And the most easily accessible to all.
It depends on how much art. If space is desperately short, you are better off storing the art and text separately.

Rogerd1

Adventurer
It depends on how much art. If space is desperately short, you are better off storing the art and text separately.
That is why you can get layered pdfs, for easier printing.

That said, having art on the page you are reading can be quite evocative if you are trying to visualise aspects of a setting.

darjr

I crit!
Saw this

On August 16th, we'll be releasing Spelljammer's Guide to the Galaxy!

3 all new races
20 subclasses across all official classes + the Prism class!
New magic items, including Cybernetics and Mutations
New spells
and Wildspace Environments, too!
FDD5BF79-78E3-43B0-B3A9-C5A4CEF5D13B.jpeg

FCDF256E-7B60-44BD-A0D4-AFC94267B303.jpeg

5E8E4E06-73F8-4F37-AD5D-BE9CDB936606.jpeg

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I love reading PDF on my laptop. For me, preserving the format is a feature not a bug. It's like reading a book, but it doesn't take physical space.

Remove ads