D&D 5E Spider Amulet shared by DnDBeyond?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yes, you are right, and I don't forget it, but WotC said something about other games allowed in the D&DB VTT, didn't it?

I don't recall any such statement, and I wouldn't expect it.

I expect 3rd party D&D publishers will get in, but not entirely different rulesets.

You may totally right, but this doesn't mean in a future the D&DB VTT could open a door for other titles. For example Hasbro franchises being published now by Renegade Game Studios.

There is a reason of marketing strategy and it is Hasbro has to offer something rival can't, and here the "collabs" could be the key. For example packs of sci-fi franchises with "agnostic system". D&D: Beyond could sell "virtual miniatures" as if were Fornite-skins or cosmetics of f2p videogames. We shouldn't be too surprised if Hasbro in the future acquired other TTRPG franchise, or a complete RPG publisher.

If Hasbro wanted, WotC could launch a DC and Marvel version of New-Cappena for M:tG. But now Disney has got a Marvel card videogame, Marvel Snap. And Warner has launched DC Dual Force. I'm afraid we are not going to see superheroes in Magic: Beyond Universe.

I have searched the picture, and it is the icon of Lolth in Explorer's Guide to Wildemount as one of the members of the Betrayed Gods.

Then this can be a collab but not with Marvel comics but Critical Role. I am happy the links between both companies haven't broken totally, Although Matt Spencer's group would rather actually to follow their own path.

Remove ads