• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Split BAB

Dremmen

First Post
I'm hoping the braintrust that is the ENWorld rule gurus can help me track this down. There are alternative rules in some d20 game (Game of Thrones maybe? d20 BESM? True d20?) somewhere that go over how to split BAB into Ranged BAB and Melee BAB. I have seen them but cannot remember where. Anyone know?

hong

WotC's bitch
Iron Heroes, most likely. Archers have BAB going from +0 to +15 for melee, and +1 to +25 for ranged, for example.

Dremmen

First Post
hong said:
Iron Heroes, most likely. Archers have BAB going from +0 to +15 for melee, and +1 to +25 for ranged, for example.

Well, if Iron Heroes has rules for the split BAB I may have to pick it up. But it can't be where I've seen it because I don't have *any* Iron Heroes materials. Mind you, I have right near everything else...

Jhulae

First Post
Dremmen said:
I'm hoping the braintrust that is the ENWorld rule gurus can help me track this down. There are alternative rules in some d20 game (Game of Thrones maybe? d20 BESM? True d20?) somewhere that go over how to split BAB into Ranged BAB and Melee BAB. I have seen them but cannot remember where. Anyone know?

Mutants and Masterminds was the first game I know of to split BAB into both Ranged and Melee, only because some comic book heroes and villains are better at one of the two types than the other.

glass

(he, him)
Dremmen said:
Well, if Iron Heroes has rules for the split BAB I may have to pick it up.
'Rules for split bab' is probably slighly overstating the case. A couple of the classes get to use a better bab for their speciality (eg Archers for ranged combat, Weaponmasters with their favoured weapon), but all that amounts to really is an extra column on the class table and a note about when they can use it. ISTM like you are loking for something more involved than that.

glass.

Dremmen

First Post
Jhulae said:
Mutants and Masterminds was the first game I know of to split BAB into both Ranged and Melee, only because some comic book heroes and villains are better at one of the two types than the other.

Dang, I didn't think about that. You get the big stuffed garfield for nailing it. Sure enough, I do have M&M, I looked through it and there it was. I remembered d20 roughly, and the split BAB, but thought it was one of my fantasy books that it came from.

Well, that certainly puts a kink in things.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads