• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(SPOILER WARNING) The Extended Version of Fellowship of the Ring

uv23

First Post
He should have left out the bit with the other Bagginses. It was pointless, added nothing, and just made me scratch my head in confusion. Other than that, top notch.

durath

First Post
Originally posted by Welverin

"Do you know if they even filmed it? There is some footage of the elves leading them throught the forest, which leads me to believe they didn't."

No, I don't believe they did film it. I was saying that I wish they had. Sorry for the confusion.

Originally posted by uv23

"He should have left out the bit with the other Bagginses. It was pointless, added nothing, and just made me scratch my head in confusion. Other than that, top notch."

Your comment makes me think either you haven't read the book or it has been a long time since you have. I really enjoyed seeing Lobelia and Otho Baggins. Read the first chapter of FOTR and you might enjoy theri appearance a bit more. The sackville baggins help show why Bilbo loves Frodo so much compared to his other relatives.

Welverin

First Post
durath said:
Originally posted by Welverin

"Do you know if they even filmed it? There is some footage of the elves leading them throught the forest, which leads me to believe they didn't."

No, I don't believe they did film it. I was saying that I wish they had. Sorry for the confusion.

Thought that might be what you meant, thinkings not the same as knowing however.

[QUOTE[Originally posted by uv23

"He should have left out the bit with the other Bagginses. It was pointless, added nothing, and just made me scratch my head in confusion. Other than that, top notch."

Your comment makes me think either you haven't read the book or it has been a long time since you have. I really enjoyed seeing Lobelia and Otho Baggins. Read the first chapter of FOTR and you might enjoy theri appearance a bit more. The sackville baggins help show why Bilbo loves Frodo so much compared to his other relatives.
[/QUOTE]

My brother laughed when Bilbo went to hide from them. It also adds a bit to Bilbo's hiding in Bag End and the sign on the gate.

Pazu

First Post
Welverin said:
They still didn't show the horn of Gondor getting split half, so now I must hate this movie for all time.

Oddly enough, during Boromir's final fight scene, I could swear that I saw the horn dangling in two halves from his belt.

-- Pazu

Welverin

First Post
Pazu said:
Oddly enough, during Boromir's final fight scene, I could swear that I saw the horn dangling in two halves from his belt.

Oops, sorry I left out: "even though they show it split in two."

KnowTheToe

First Post
Re: what I liked

durath said:

The only gripe I still have about the movie is the fact they didn't include the scene of the fellowship being blindfolded as they were led to Galadriel. The exchange between Gimli and Legolas over this matter was one of my favorite scenes from the books and I was hoping it had been restored as well.

I too wanted to see this scene, as it was THE beginning of the change of relationship between Gimli and Legolas. jackson did a good job of developing the conflict, and I thought this scene would be an easy way to begin to establish the friendship that blossoms. When Gimli recieves his gift, Legolas's expression changes, but that is not as strong as the blindfold scene would have been.

Less than a month before the TT:D :D :D :D

Remove ads