• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spoilers [need moderators reply please]

Sammael

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
I think tree was kidding...but usually such spoiler leaks are done by our "official" mini guy, Merric.
I fail to see how Merric is the "official" minis guy of ENWorld. Furthermore, Merric does not condone the spreading of illegal leaks and had banned several people from the site he used to moderate (he resigned a few days ago) for spreading such leaks.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Uhm maybe because people on En World refer to him when they want to find out stuff about Minis? Just a guess there on my part Sammael. But if you say so. That's fine.

Sammael

Adventurer
Merric is very knowledgeable about minis and his news site was a great resource. Unfortunately, his site lost several months worth of data because of hosting issues, and Merric himself had a lot of RL issues which prevented him from spending more time on it. Meanwhile, Maxminis went to hell under old-new management, and now Merric resigned as a moderator there in order to be able to focus more on his own site. I applaud the decision to return to it, because I hold him in high esteem as a webmaster and lorekeeper. While he works to rebuild, however, there are many sources of information available, and several ENWorld members are just as knowledgeable about minis as him (as far as the current state of affairs goes). We could even poke the WotC folks who come here about the minis some more, since I know that Mearls (at least) has some involvement.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Illegal Leaks? I'm not sure I understand how that works. I know that the site's old owner, Eric Noah, seems to post right away when he hears about something through the grapevine or some source who is speaking off the record because they aren't really supposed to leak stuff. Would that be considered an Illegal Leak? Is there really a policy about what people aren't and are not allowed to post regarding insider scoops or information?

Gargoyle

Adventurer
Mark CMG said:
Illegal Leaks? I'm not sure I understand how that works. I know that the site's old owner, Eric Noah, seems to post right away when he hears about something through the grapevine or some source who is speaking off the record because they aren't really supposed to leak stuff. Would that be considered an Illegal Leak? Is there really a policy about what people aren't and are not allowed to post regarding insider scoops or information?

Yeah, that guy Eric Noah ruined the whole 3E thing for me.

EricNoah

Adventurer
You'll be interested to know that I often held back as much as I revealed. :)

And as I've said elsewhere -- my days of leaking are over. (Insert some kind of "adult diapers" joke here?)

Berandor

lunatic
EricNoah said:
You'll be interested to know that I often held back as much as I revealed. :)

And as I've said elsewhere -- my days of leaking are over.
Thanks to the all-new PAMPERS GRAMPA (tm)!

(Happy to oblige, at least when it's about poop jokes)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads