• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Spoilers] Tron Legacy Review

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
That's my point, though -- your suppositions are all well and good, and may even have been what the scriptwriter(s) had in mind ... but it isn't supported by anything stated in the movie via dialogue. Why not?

It'd have been VERY simple for CLU to simply include his "how we're going to take over" plans during his rather long-winded speech to his army of re-programs. We got the WHY, but not the how.

There was a reason why the plan wasn't stated. However, if he did explain the how we would have gotten another trope. Unfortunately, in the end it all comes down to stereotypical gloating.

Of course, as mentioned in a prior post, and echoed by writing teacher I had in my life, it's better to "Show not tell," which is what they did in the film... except often with voice over narration by Flynn.

Last edited:

DumbPaladin

First Post
I guess I missed the part where they showed me that there was any thought put into KLU's plan to conquer the real world by ... um ... somehow ... doing ... something ... bad?

So yeah, I was real scared by the "big" "bad" "evil" "guy". Hey, he doesn't actually qualify for any of the 4 letters in BBEG ... do we have a proper term? ;)

Remove ads