Spontaneous Divine Caster?

Cam Banks

Adventurer
JRRNeiklot said:
You get the spells known added to your list, but no extra spells per day. Not like you need them with the sorceror's spells per day chart, anyway. You also get the domain powers, which is insane with the right domain choices.

It's very much like the mystic from the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, only more powerful. When I first saw it, I almost fell over.

Cheers,
Cam

RisnDevil

First Post
For your spontaneous divine caster, this is what I was thinking. You start out with one domain. You have all the spells for that domain known, as bonus spells. You get spells known very much like the sorc/fav soul. You get the spell levels for new spells the same time that a non-spontaneous caster gets them (this is a change I am looking at making to all spontaneous casters). At levels 5, 10, 15 and 20 you get an additional domain, with the spells already added to your lists. I would also add the ability to turn/rebuke undead. Other than that, I don't know what to add, but I don't think you can add too much more without it being overpowered. Of course, since these are divine spells he should be proficient with all armors and the same weaons as a cleric, and the same BAB and saves as a cleric. How does that sound?

Li Shenron

Legend
Liquidsabre said:
Has anyone found a base class that spontaneously casts divine spells (one class for cleric spells, another for druid spells) that they actually like??

So what spontaneous divine caster base classes do other folk like to use?

If you are just looking for the utility of a class which casts clerical/druidic spells spontaneously, nothing beats the Unearthed Arcana variants IMO.

The spontaneous Cleric is better than Druid however, and could be abused via domain selection: it is possible to choose two domains so that it basically closely resembles a sorcerer (in spells known) with a few extra known spells (possibly healing), much better defenses and no ASF. It's quite ok if you use only PHB domains.

Another core class which is great is the OA Shugenja. It is however very far in concept from the other divine spellcasters, because in Rokugan religion is a very different matter.

Thanee

First Post
What's wrong with Favored Soul and Spirit Shaman?

Or do you look for a class, which is closer to the Cleric or Druid?

Bye
Thanee

Hashmalum

Explorer
Are there any balanced spontaneous divine caster classes that know all spells from the cleric list, instead of having a sorcerer-like 'spells known' table? The latter just doesn't sit well with me in a divine casting class.

jstater

First Post
I just let sorcerers in my campaign choose to cast from the cleric or druid spell list instead of the sorcerer/wizard spell list. No big deal. I figure, the druidic sorcerers probably have a fey bloodline, and the clerical sorcerers have a celestial or fiendish bloodline.

JimAde

First Post
Before I had heard of the Favored Soul, I came up with a class of my own called the Chosen. Maybe you'll like it:

http://home.comcast.net/~jim.ade/ilium/newclasses.htm

They cast like sorcerers (spells known and all that) but from the cleric list. They also have some additional features. I think they might be slightly overpowered, but it'll take additional play-testing to tell.

Remove ads