Spring's D&D Release Will Be Ship-Themed

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full...

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized.

Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles!

Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That about sums up everything that was talked about. However, they missed something important: one of the mock-ups was called "Boats and :):):):):)" which is fantastic!

I kind of hope they keep "Everything you need to float your boat for the world's greatest roleplaying game."

I am getting a strong "Volo's with more boats" vibe here, which I dig.

Did they give any indication if this is a late Winter or late Spring sort of release?

It strikes me that a Volo/Mordy-style book with nautical monster lore and additional rules for sea and ship related stuff would be awesome.
That's what I'm leaning towards myself - a book with rules for ships and underwater adventuring, a section on water-based PC races (possibly reprinting sea elves and tritons, but adding new options like merfolk and locathah), and a bestiary focusing on aquatic creatures and nautical NPCs. Possibly a short adventure as well...

Remove ads

Remove ads