• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft Season 1: Blood Money

Game Control

First Post
Alexander Roman said:
you don't mind me asking, who's the CIA agent who spotted him? I ask because we might want to contact him at some future time to see if he's "remembered' anything he might have "forgotten." If you know what I mean. Chuckles

The name's Jeff Neilan.

Now, remember that the foundation doesn't exist and that it wouldn't get the full cooperation of the CIA anyway. Some pencil pusher in Langley decided that the presence of Balladur in Binga was a low value information and simply asked the station chief of Harare to tip the government. End of story as far as they're concerned.

But a friend of the Foundation leaked that info to us and we're taking a more active approach.

Concerning agent Neilan, we can't let you approach the US Embassy to ask to meet him...

Control cracks you a large smile

But I can't stop you from visiting the African Dream, Harare's best and only joyclub for rich white boys. It's Neilan favorite drinking spot.

Just be careful, 'kay? It would be silly to have the CIA ignoring Balladur but being interested in you!

Oh, and we do have some minimal info on Captain N'gambe (added to Rogue Gallery).

As for time constraint: the longer you wait, the colder the trail of Balladur will get!

[OOC: At a quick glance you can't get new info out of the photograph. As I told Luddite, it'll take hours to analyze them. I'll remember that you're looking into it with Luddite and post your finding in the new thread where you reached Zimbabwe]

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Re: GhostFox pipes in...

Codename: GhostFox said:
"Super-tuberculosis? And I thought *I* was bad news. But seriously, this 'African thing' is sad. It's always somebody else's problem... No one ever thinks it can happen to them until the corpses start piling up on their front lawn. And I guess this is where we come in? To make sure that doesn't happen?"

More or less. We only come in because a terrorist has been spotted near a deadly virus strain and our employer is worried.

Our job is not to change the world, just to save it! (he gives you a joyless smile).

You are tackling Balladur, not the disease itself. The spreading tuberculosis is beyond the scope of your actions and it's up to the international community to get its act together.

Sadly, I'm afraid that a few more Occidentals and a heck of a lot more Africans will need to die before anyone with the power to do something take notice.

Control looks genuinely sad for a moment, but he quickly regains his usual composure as he starts answering other questions.

Assetwise, we don't have much to offer in Zimbabwe. I'm afraid that the Foundation is guilty of some of faults I just heaped on the international community; this country simply isn't very important to our operations. We have nothing at all in Binga and only the basics in Harare. I can however give you the E-mail address of a source in the Mugabe's government. It's a Hotmail account that he uses like a blindman's drop. His situation, however, is precarious. He isn't so loyal to us that he'll risk his career or life and there are no chances that he'll accept to meet you in person.

He is Boto55 on Hotmail, remember it and don't write it down.

[OOC: this means that some favour checks, especially those that involve local assets and logistic, will be harder to do in Binga

Last edited:

You are tackling Balladur, not the disease itself. The spreading tuberculosis is beyond the scope of your actions and it's up to the international community to get its act together.

Sadly, I'm afraid that a few more Occidentals and a heck of a lot more Africans will need to die before anyone with the power to do something take notice.
"Gotcha, coach.

We'll have to start small and focus on the immediate goal: track down Balladur.

Should I haul butt to the Logistics section? Does anyone have any special requests? If heading into the boonies means that we're gonna have a helluva time scrounging for a toilet seat and rollerskates to kitbash into a getaway vehicle, then we're going have make some hard choices before the team gets on that plane to Zimbabwe."

[OOC:My character sheet is on the Rogues Gallery forum:
http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&postid=144005#post144005

Ok. I think Control's given out as much info as he can, within the scope of In-Character play... unless we can think of some other brilliant questions. Though I have a feeling GC's trying to prod us into acting on the info we have so far... Do we want to break up the tasks? Should I get our sweet thief and talk to the people down in the logistics dept?

Would each of you mind sending me your budget points/gadget point totals? My email addy for this game will be: codename_ghostfox@yahoo.com.

I'll try to get the budget/gadegt point numbers off the charsheet posts, summarize them and see where we are at in terms of gear?]

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
Re: GhostFox pipes in...

"Any of you smokers? I hope not! And I hope everyone gets their med-shots."

"Does the Foundation have any ground assets in the mission area? Safehouse? Oh yeah - the one in Harare. How about a local snitch?"

"How about you folks? I don't suppose you have any old flames and jilted lovers that have a cafe or bar in Binga?

"Any other less-'cinematic' contacts but useful ones anyway?"

"I only smoke socaily." He looks up at Ghostfox and smiles. "You would surprised what people will tell you for a cigerette. As for contacts, I might have a lead in Harare. I will let you know."

[ OOC: Does my father have any bussiness contacts directly in Harare or indirectly though South Afirca? (No action die)

Also I would like to spend an action die to make a favor check. (+1 or +3 if it is an Intellegence Favor) To get tracking information on the movements of Balladur's Alias in the States. ]

-The Luddite

Alexander Roman

First Post
Game Control said:
Control cracks you a large smile

But I can't stop you from visiting the African Dream, Harare's best and only joyclub for rich white boys. It's Neilan favorite drinking spot.

Right. If nobody objects I'll head over there as soon as I get some cash in my pocket and see if I can spot him. Well, probably tonight when people start heading for the clubs.

Game Control said:
Just be careful, 'kay? It would be silly to have the CIA ignoring Balladur but being interested in you!

Righto, Chief.

"Any of you smokers? I hope not! And I hope everyone gets their med-shots."

Nope. Don't smoke. Though I suspect that if I start coughing up blood from some incurable super-TB, I might just take it up. Got nothing to lose at that point. Heh.

How about you folks? I don't suppose you have any old flames and jilted lovers that have a cafe or bar in Binga?"

Sorry. No. Just about 4 minutes ago, I didn't even know that Binga existed.

[OOC: GhostFox, sent you an email with my MB and GB leftovers.]

Game Control

First Post
OOC : Ghostfox, if you wish to discuss gear, click on the link at the end of Control's speech. It leads to the gearing up phase. Otherwise, just look it up on the IC forum. Can't miss it.

Luddite; You made a successful favor check (rolled 10+3). Well, successful enough to get useful informations about all the activities undertook by Mr. Fuller that required him to use his ID, anyway.

You convince Control to ask the Foundation to spend some more ressources into tracking down Balladur's movement when he was in the States. You also place a few calls to contacts in the NSA. Hey, it has to work both way, doesn't it?

Since this take some time, you'll get the results in the other thread along with your analysis of the photographs in a short while.

Your father has no business contact in Zimbabwe or in this area of Africa. I made a simple ''luck'' roll, requiring 20 (It's not exactly a prime business spot right now, with Mugabe threatening to confiscate white men's investment and companies along with their lands). You rolled a 2. Good try, but no cigar.

You now have 2 action dice.

Last edited:

[ OOC: Daaang! Serves me right for trying to game and work at the same time. You were all WAAAY ahead of me - Oh well - just thought I'd help and push things along. Good to know that we've got a well organised bunch here. ]

Last edited:

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
(Kareem has stayed quiet until this point, sipping at his beer and laughing at Control's jokes. For some reason, he thinks them amazingly funny. He must be very drunk indeed)

Yes, it is unfortunate that we cannot help, but, ultimately, we must be loyal to our own countries and businesses. This super TB, as you call it, could be a very dangerous bioterror weapon. Exactly the sort of situation us spies were made for! (At this, Kareem stops lounging and leaps us excitedly)

I for one, think the Captain N'gambe may be involved, and talking with him is crucial. Also, we must not forget that, perhaps, certain medical companies could gain from the improved disease.

If Biga is as dangerous as suggested, perhaps travelling incognito is wise, but we certainly do not look like the Red Cross. By the way, my name is Kareem Amirr.

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim looks to Kareem...

"I think you are spot on... somehow this is all connected... just need to hammer down the culprits to do it... though I don't relish the thought of facing the Super TB strain..."

Kim sighs and sips another drink of his soda...

"This is not just a solitary problem, just think if this strain got a grip here in the states... or Europe... the East, Korea... Japan... China... it needs to be stopped... just my two cents..."

Kim calms down, getting just a little too emotional, he takes another sip of his drink.

"Oh and nice to meet you Kareem, just call me Kim... no need to get into details..."

Last edited:

Remove ads