Spycraft? SotC? Traveller? Etc.? What to run - opine here!

What game should I run at the DC gameday? (Check any or all that apply)

• Spycraft: Island of Dr. Shang (improved edition)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Xer0

First Post
I should rephrase. I'd take the space opera in general over Traveler, but if the option is Traveler to get the space opera, that's fine too.

Psion

Adventurer
Okay, you two (three)?, how does Thousand Suns sound to you. It's inspired in great part by Traveller, but more the traveller of the LBBs (no setting, generic "Imperial SF"), but is a new game released like days ago.

I actually have to still read my copy to determine if it is something I want to run.

For Seonaid's benefit, it even has alien construction rules; I could add an Aslan. ;)

More info on Thousand Suns here.

As a back up, I have something for SotC that might have some pulp SF overtones I was working on for GenCon that I might could pull off the back burner.

madwabbit

First Post
Psion said:
Okay, you two (three)?, how does Thousand Suns sound to you. It's inspired in great part by Traveller, but more the traveller of the LBBs (no setting, generic "Imperial SF"), but is a new game released like days ago.

I actually have to still read my copy to determine if it is something I want to run.

For Seonaid's benefit, it even has alien construction rules; I could add an Aslan. ;)

More info on Thousand Suns here.

As a back up, I have something for SotC that might have some pulp SF overtones I was working on for GenCon that I might could pull off the back burner.
Eh, I'd be willing to give it a whirl if it's really something you'd like to try, but I'd still much prefer SotC.

Of course, this might be moot for me depending on what slot you're planning on running -- we need more games slated, which might push me to run one, and then there's Crichton's M&M game that I *absolutely* must play.

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
madwabbit said:
Eh, I'd be willing to give it a whirl if it's really something you'd like to try, but I'd still much prefer SotC.

After reading a few pages since last post, I may be leaning that way.

Of course, this might be moot for me depending on what slot you're planning on running -- we need more games slated, which might push me to run one, and then there's Crichton's M&M game that I *absolutely* must play.

Is that a vote for the morning slot then? :D

John Crichton

First Post
madwabbit said:
:) Absolutely. I mean, I'm torn... I always want to run something, but I don't think I get to play enough. So... yeah.
I'm having the same issue. I know that I'm running at night and want to play in the morning session but I have another idea brewing that I may want to try.
fist.gif

Last edited:

madwabbit

First Post
John Crichton said:
I'm having the same issue. I know that I'm running at night and want to play in the morning session but I have another idea brewing that I may want to try.
fist.gif
Wait, there's a night game? Or do you mean afternoon?

And do tell, what's this idea? :uhoh:

Seonaid

Explorer
I don't need to play Aslan, I just generally like them. I don't need to play Traveller, I just generally like it. I like it more for the flavor, though, so I don't care what system/setting it is. I guess I like space opera generally, but I've never played anything other than Traveller in that genre, so I don't know for sure. :)

Basically: if you run space opera, I'll play. If you run space opera with nothing resembling the Aslan, I'll play. If you run in the same slot as Crichton's M&M game, I might not play. ;)

Remove ads