• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: The greatest RPG ever made! The best d20 game ever!

enrious

Re: Top Secret/SI semi-OT question

Sigmund said:
Does anyone (I'm sure someone does) remember an adventure for Top Secret/SI that takes place in Monaco and revolves around the race there? I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

I believe the boxed set was called "High Stakes Gamble".

Binagran

First Post
My turn, my turn.

Just have to say picked up Spycraft today (Here in Perth, Australia, and I bought the last copy at my gaming shop)

Man, the game does rock.

I don't know about best d20 game ever, but it would certainly be in my top 5.

I can't wait to convince my group to put down the swords and don the tuxedo for some kick-arse super-spy gaming.

Kudos to the designers for a great d20 game.

Game Control

First Post
Not everyone is an agent. Minions, for example, are fodder. :D

Seriously though, they have 1D4, 1D6 or 1D8 of vitality. They behave much like low stat, low energy soldiers.

For non agent NPC you can use the DMG NPC class system. Due to OGL restriction, Spycraft couldn't print a lot of things found in the PHB and DMG. Heck, they didn't even have the right to print the XP chart, for crying out loud!

So, I'm using NPC class concept slightly modified for my campaigns.

A rich banker would be mostly an aristocrat from the DMG but with 1D4 and weak BAB. No defense or initiative bonus for them, they're not trained for these sort of thing.

Tadaa! Here goes a NPC that's not an agent.

Game Control AKA Mal Malenkirk

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
There probably aren't too many situtations where non-agent stats are required, except for hostage situations and explosions. It's not like the PCs are just going to get into brawls with middle class families in the suburbs, are they?

Sigmund

First Post
hong said:

Ah, you mean "mostly ignore" like as in, "mostly pregnant"?

If that was what I meant, that is what I would have said...perhaps a demonstration will aid your understanding. Pay attention now.

Sigmund

First Post
Re: Re: Top Secret/SI semi-OT question

enrious said:

I believe the boxed set was called "High Stakes Gamble".

Thank you. I've forgotten most of the details, but I remember being impressed with it. It'll probably be a real pain to get ahold of again.

Sigmund

First Post
Hammerhead said:
There probably aren't too many situtations where non-agent stats are required, except for hostage situations and explosions. It's not like the PCs are just going to get into brawls with middle class families in the suburbs, are they?

Lol...one would hope not anyway. The only npc's I can think of who would have, for the most part, "normal" stats would be assassination targets such as politicians/activists and the like. Although they might be very knowledgable in their fields, I can't see them having the equivalent of PC classes in terms of overall stats and combat abilities. Like I said before though, fudging is the easy (and sometimes fun) part. What got me thinking about it is that I just watched the movie "The Jackal" again and his target in the film didn't strike me as the world-class agent type.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Sigmund said:

If that was what I meant, that is what I would have said...perhaps a demonstration will aid your understanding. Pay attention now.

... um, so how's your mostly pregnancy going?

Voneth

First Post
Game Control said:

For non agent NPC you can use the DMG NPC class system. Due to OGL restriction, Spycraft couldn't print a lot of things found in the PHB and DMG. Heck, they didn't even have the right to print the XP chart, for crying out loud!

So, I'm using NPC class concept slightly modified for my campaigns.

AS I FEARED, my waaay too long post on using NPC classes on Page 10 of the thread was missed because it was the last post at the bottom of the page. I listed 25 Star Wars NPC templates that could be used in Spycraft and then offered to rename the the DND NPC classes to fit a modern setting.

Originally posted by Vonth
The NPC classes in the DMG would be those such as the Expert, Aristocrat, Warrior, and (ahem) the Commoner. Perhaps it would help to rename the NPC classes to modern nomeclature for you. So try Academic, Politian/Movie Star, Law Enforcement and Average Joe.

That's what I get for actualy getting involved with a thread post!

"Winning an Internet Message Board argument is like winning at the Special Olympics. You got First Place, but you're still retarded for getting into the competion."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads