Squeaky mouse button

Bullgrit

Adventurer
The buttons on my new mouse squeak when I press them. Is there a simple way to fix this without returning it to the store and getting a new one?

Also, the wheel clicks louder than my previous mouse. Is there a way to make it quieter?

Bullgrit
Total Bullgrit

ssampier

First Post
squeakier the better

Attachments

• computer_mouse_using_a_real_dead_mouse_5.jpg
    computer_mouse_using_a_real_dead_mouse_5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Well, I recently bought a wireless mouse and keyboard combination, and when everything seemed to be working good (after a week), I threw the box out. A couple days later, the mouse started squeaking. A new wireless mouse is more than the ten bucks that a regular mouse is, and I'm concerned it may not work well with my keyboard sensor. So I was hoping there was a real simple fix for the squeak so I don't have to get something new and risk signals getting mixed up.

Bullgrit
Total Bullgrit

James Heard

Explorer
My wireless mouse keyboard combo had the same problem ,and I bought the two mostly because my old wire mouse had became as hopelessly squeaky/wonky as my old seven years old one. I gave it a week or two and the mouse seems to have calmed down, and now the only issue is burning through AAA batteries about once every two or three weeks (and my laziness to buy rechargeable ones.)

Thanee

First Post
Heh. My first wireless mouse used batteries as well, always had to have a stock of extras... now I have one with an integrated Li-Ion battery and a desktop battery charger... sooo much more convenient. :D

Of course, it also costs a little more than a few bucks... more like $70+. :heh:

As for the button's squeakiness... no clue, but multiple wireless signals should normally be no problem, they use a wide enough range to be able to avoid complications between several wireless components. The problem with my old cordless desktop was, that it was still PS/2 and the sender was connected to both the keyboard and the mouse port, but I suppose nowadays it's all USB.

Still, simply buying a new mouse doesn't seem like the solution you are aiming to (understandably). ;)

Bye
Thanee

Bullgrit

Adventurer
For the record, multiple wireless device can interfere with each other. I bought a new mouse (cost more than the original mouse & keyboard combo), and it is fantastic. But it and the keyboard cross signals.

In normal use, I don't see any interference, but when I'm playing WoW, using them both at the exact same time, there are problems. Fortunately, I've found how to eliminate the problems by moving around my desk arrangement so the signals don't cross so I can play.

Bullgrit
Total Bullgrit

Merkuri

Explorer
Most wireless devices have a button on them that you can use to change the frequency. Try changing the frequency of your mouse or keyboard a few times (just change one of them for now and leave the other alone). You should be able to find a pair of frequencies that don't conflict.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads