SRD 3.5 Competition

Estlor

Explorer
So let's see... if I can get the text finished by mid next week, that'll give me about seven working days to finish up and tweak the formatting before I turn it into a PDF.

Yeah, I'm both ahead and behind schedule :D

Sulaco

First Post
Another question.

Am I correct in assuming that August 31 is the deadline for entries and not the date you announce the winners.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Another question.

Am I correct in assuming that August 31 is the deadline for entries and not the date you announce the winners.

Correct. After Aug 31, the judges will look at everything. The winners will probably be announced a week or so into September.

As for whether samples can be posted or they need to be complete: I'm inclined to say they need to be complete. I know many people are working to have them all done. I think Conaill said it best:

I figure you can enter whatever you want. Of course, those entries with a complete SRD stand a much better chance of winning...

But anything can happen. :D

Conaill

First Post
Sulaco: yup, that's what "deadline" typically means.

How is everybody doing in terms of completing before the deadline? I haven't heard any overwhelming clamor to extend the deadline, but I guess that could be a possibility. Then again, I'm not the one organizing this competition...

Sulaco

First Post
Conaill said:
Sulaco: yup, that's what "deadline" typically means.

Of course, but it never hurts to ask.

I do hope that whatever the winner turns out to be it isn't just something that apes the look or style of the exisiting D&D/d20 books. I am getting pretty bored with the bog-standard "image border down the outside edge of the page" thing. It was something fresh when the 3e books did it, and SSS as pretty much the first 3rd-party d20 publisher put their own spin on it, but now every damn d20 product looks virtually identical.

Sulaco

First Post
stephenh said:
Well this is my first post anywhere on these boards... but here goes...

I have put a draft html version of the SRD at

http://home.earthlink.net/~shelsdo/srd/index.html

I hope this is of some use to someone...

Good work. I see you abide by the K.I.S.S. philosophy.

I'd suggest though that you use frames, with the second frame containing your Index file. It would make accessing the document and jumping around much easier.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Stephenh: Nice. I particularly like that you have an index under work. For the web I'd probably want more info per page, but if I end up pulling into onto my Palm then I'll *love* the smaller pages. Different strokes for different applications, I guess.

Good going!

john

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
stephenh said:
Well this is my first post anywhere on these boards... but here goes...

I have put a draft html version of the SRD at

http://home.earthlink.net/~shelsdo/srd/index.html

I hope this is of some use to someone...

Cheers,
Steve

Nice work. I don't like the pervasive links of attributes to their referring pages (I'd never need to cross-ref them), but apart from that it is nicely organised. The tables are particularly interesting.

I'll have a go at converting your work into iSilo format for the PalmPilot and PPC and see how it goes.

Cheers

Remove ads