SRD Monsters in MM IV Statblock

Lord Zack

Explorer
I am wondering if any one knows of a site where the monsters in the SRD are displayed in the stat block presented in MM IV? Would that even be allowed?

Stormborn

Explorer
While the MM IV had some open monsters in it, they were all presented with class levels or templates of some kind. The book contains no Open Content, however, so the only place you can get anything online is whatever previews Wizards itself has put up. To my knowledge the only MM other than the 1st that contained any open content was the 2nd one with the Razor Beast and Scorpionfolk and can be found at d20srd.org.

Edit: I may have misunderstood your question. Are you asking if open monsters are simply presented in the new stat block format anywhere? The answer is no, not to my knowledge. Paizo has its own stat block format and you can find some of the monsters presented in their books in a different format, especially ones with class levels.

Last edited:

Lord Xtheth

First Post
I am wondering if any one knows of a site where the monsters in the SRD are displayed in the stat block presented in MM IV? Would that even be allowed?
I do believe the answer to both of these is No.
I'm pretty sure that later MM monsters were either not part of the SRD, or people just got lazy and didn't reprint them. I think you're out of luck.

However, If I'm wrong, I wouldn't mind knowing where to look.

Runestar

First Post
I recall the balor being presented in the new statblock format somewhere on the wotc site. Probably the only one done though.

meomwt

First Post
The MonsterForge spreadsheet - available from the HeroForge repository - has an option for presenting Monsters in MM4 format. It's one of the drop-down menus on the stat-block page.

As a bonus, you can use MonsterForge to advance monsters by hit dice, and it will tell you all the feat, skill, etc., increases to which the monster is entitled.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases