• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars:Andor Trailer

pukunui

Legend
The way I see it, the setting of the Rebellion era before the Death Star is just a good place to tell stories. Not because there is something particular about that era that needs to be "clarified" or anything - just because fighting an oppressive regime is a neat thing to show.
This. I don't see these sorts of stories as "filling in the gaps" so much as just "playing in the sandbox". Yes, they're fleshing out the stories of known characters like Saw Gerrera and Mon Mothma, but it looks like they're also introducing new ones, like Stellan Skarsgård's Luthien.

Also, Rogue One is one of my favorite Star Wars movies. I think I might even enjoy it more than A New Hope. It's not perfect, but it hits all the right notes -- it both feels like class Star Wars and like the classic WW2 adventure films Lucas drew on for inspiration (like Bridge over the River Kwai and The Guns of Navarone and such).

I think it is interesting that they pushed back the premier date from Aug 31 to Sept 21, but also decided to release the 1st three episodes at once, instead of just moving them all back by 3 weeks. I wonder what was the factors in that decision? This still means the final episode of She-Hulk will release on the same day as Andor, rather than the original 4 weeks of overlap. Unless they are going to surprise us with two episodes of She-Hulk on the 17th and eliminate that overlap completely?

As for the show, I am sure I will enjoy it. I also enjoyed Rogue One, even though I have only watched it once and won't again, because I have this thing about movies where all the main characters die. And if Andor is a big hit, I am thinking Lucasfilm/Disney will regret killing him off, rather than surviving, like in the original trailers for the movie.

Janx

Hero
Interesting.

We'll see what's individualistic yet recognizably cosplayable (aka not Imperials in uniform/armor). But that's a separate interest of mine.

I liked Rogue One. I'll probably like this.

I do wish D+ would avoid overlap in their releases. We LIKE having a new episode of something every week. We don't like having nothing new to watch for weeks at a time. It's not rocket scheduling.

I loathed Rogue One, but maybe now I'll care about all the dead characters from that film when this is done. It's visuals seem better than all the other series Disney put out so far.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Rogue One was an unfun slog until it turned into basically everything I could have ever wanted from a Star Wars movie. Walked out of the theater with the dumbest grin on my face and my friends were like "...what movie did you watch?"

I guess people like the whole thing though?

MarkB

Legend
Rogue One was an unfun slog until it turned into basically everything I could have ever wanted from a Star Wars movie. Walked out of the theater with the dumbest grin on my face and my friends were like "...what movie did you watch?"

I guess people like the whole thing though?
Yep. I enjoyed the peek into the gritty underbelly of the rebellion, and the broader look at what life under the Empire is like, and I liked seeing Jyn's journey back to believing in something.

The only downer for me about Andor is that, logically, we're going to be seeing this character taking that journey in the opposite direction. He's not exactly in a good place by the beginning of Rogue One.

Remove ads