• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Naming Game

Quasqueton

First Post
Back in July, when one Player couldn't make our regular D&D game night, another Player offered to run a one-shot Star Wars d6 adventure. We made characters -- I made a wookiee. After discussing the naming weirdness (Chewbacca can't pronounce his own name), I went with a joke name -- "Harry" (as in Harry and the Hendersons -- an old TV show about Sasquatch living with the Hendersons family). Also a pun play off of "hairy."

We played that one shot. Then, a couple months later, we played it again. Then a couple months later, we turned it into a full campaign, and are currently still playing it. So, my serious, real campaign, Star Wars wookiee character is named Harry. It was cute-funny in the one-shot game. It is ridiculous-funny in a full campaign game.

Quasqueton

kenobi65

First Post
Quasqueton said:
Back in July, when one Player couldn't make our regular D&D game night, another Player offered to run a one-shot Star Wars d6 adventure. We made characters -- I made a wookiee. After discussing the naming weirdness (Chewbacca can't pronounce his own name), I went with a joke name -- "Harry" (as in Harry and the Hendersons -- an old TV show about Sasquatch living with the Hendersons family). Also a pun play off of "hairy."

We played that one shot. Then, a couple months later, we played it again. Then a couple months later, we turned it into a full campaign, and are currently still playing it. So, my serious, real campaign, Star Wars wookiee character is named Harry. It was cute-funny in the one-shot game. It is ridiculous-funny in a full campaign game.

We had the exact same thing happen. We played a one-shot SWd6 adventure in like 1993, and one of our players named his Wookiee Harry, to be funny. When the campaign continued (and it did, for over a decade), we eventually decided that "Harry" was short for Harritacca.

DJCupboard

Explorer
I think mine generates one of the least Star Wars-y name imaginable:

Davie Lanew, Eirhon of Carbomezopine

Davie, come on now; that's pretty much already my name!

DJC

Bardsandsages

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
Oliri Riach, Ztegol of Metamizol

Now, where's the "Your Sith Lord Name" generator?

I think I'd be Darth Keoz or something.

Not related, by blood or marriage!

I'll talk to Mark and tell him to get to work on it!

Remove ads