Starfrontiers is 40 years old today!

darjr

I crit!
My second SciFi RPG! What happened Ike’s me initially was the deckplans and how weird they were stacked like towers. Artificial gravity via acceleration solved so many issues I had with scifi. Like the little shop in The Blackhole movie!

I have run it in its original edition, in Zebulons, a hacked together Basic D&D, GURPS, and eventually ported to 5e D&D. It has such iconic adventures for me.

I was hoping WotC had something for it and I find that they did in the form of bits within Spelljammer!

Happy BDay Starfrontiers.
2FB15C5F-016D-43DC-9692-EB3214C1EE76.jpeg

Attachments

• 6951C379-7031-454A-9C13-370494DF378C.jpeg
    6951C379-7031-454A-9C13-370494DF378C.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 42

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Star Frontiers was my second space-faring sci-fi RPG, as well (Star Wars D6 beat it out). It's a great game. I sincerely hope that those people over at nuTSR don't forever tarnish it.

darjr

I crit!
I doubt that Wizards, or anyone really, will be doing anything with Star Frontiers until the NuTSR situation is resolved.
WotC did though. They have Hadozee from Yazar including other things and name dropped Starfrontiers in the credits of Spelljammer.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
I would also love a "board game" ship battle game that could be used for Starfrontiers AND Spelljammer AND ships AND Dragons in flight etc...

Remove ads