Stars/Worlds Without Number (General Thread)

Aldarc

Legend
Atlas of the Latter Earth is out. Somehow over the past few months, I missed a snippet preview for a new partial class. So I was pleasantly surprised to see the warlock-like Accursed while scanning the final book.

Aldarc

Legend
Kevin Crawford posted his stretch goals for Cities Without Number. The $200k one is an open-licensed version of the mechanics. His position has been that you don’t need this to copy/use his mechanics, but he’ll do it anyway if the stretch goal is hit.
A digression...

Stars Without Number: sci-fi fantasy
Worlds Without Number: dying earth fantasy
Cities Without Number: cyberpunk

What else is without number?

Islands Without Number would seem obvious for an Age of Sail game, but with ship and low/no-magic rules in Atlas of the Latter Earth, rules for running nautical hexcrawls are probably unnecessary.

Reynard

Legend
A digression...

Stars Without Number: sci-fi fantasy
Worlds Without Number: dying earth fantasy
Cities Without Number: cyberpunk

What else is without number?

Islands Without Number would seem obvious for an Age of Sail game, but with ship and low/no-magic rules in Atlas of the Latter Earth, rules for running nautical hexcrawls are probably unnecessary.
Villains Without Number supers game?

Thomas Shey

Legend
OSR Supers? That would be interesting. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I can name one. I've run/played a supers game with Fate, Cortex, and PbtA. But an OSR one? 🤔

There are a couple OSR derivative ones. "Guardians" by Nite Owl Workshop comes to mind, and I believe there's a Swords and Wizardry one called something like "Light City".

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Airships/goggles/Top Hats without Number (Steampunk/Victorian)
Enemies without Number (Cold War / Espionage)
Old Ones without Number (Mythos)
Bodies without Number (Murder Mystery)
Kaiju/Mechs without Number (Kaiju/Mechs of course)
Brawls without Number (Shounen Anime like Bleach, Naruto, et al)

Remove ads