WotBS Starting a WOTBS campaing

Its really an art. I ran the first module in 3x, so I don't have any notes or experience to back up anything. However.. looking at the module I see there is a very hazardous encounter..

[sblock]
Shocking Revelation has two 4th level bad guys and a trap. The PCs have a huge advantage based on actions. If you have 5 PCs it wont be long until the standard monster gets bloodied, and not too long to when it dies.

The math is actually too high. The MM3 for a recharge or encounter power is 2D6+8. The Wisp has a close burst 5 that deals 3D8+4. Ouch! Larion has a encounter power that, when linked with the sneak attack, 2D8 + 2D6 + 2.
My 1st level cleric has 23 hit points...

I would recommend changing this up to have more monsters of lower levels.. possibly some more minions. In heroic tier, it worked for me to keep all the monsters at the same level or maybe +2 at the most. Solo's at the same level or -2.

The theme here should be mobile wall crawlers, but having some normal guards would be a decent addition as well.

[/sblock]

The following is a basic MM3 guideline for level 1
Code:
Level	minion low	minion std	minion high	std low	std avg	std high
1	3	                4	       5	1d6+3	1d8+4	1d10+6

Maybe someone who ran the 4e version can pop in and give you better pointers. I started switching over in module 4 and 5.

Remove ads