Starting Adventures

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I have asked in a variety of places but getting no response. May as well try here.

Does anyone know if tasloi is Wizards IP? A tribe of tasloi are central to my first adventure, but I am not sure if I can even use them. I would like to (but can go with adjusted goblin stats if I can't... but would love to know, as I have already spent time statting out the little buggers).

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
[MENTION=32417]MikeM[/MENTION]yler
Just wondering whether you could weigh in on a couple of questions I have posted in this thread.

Namely: If I write introductory adventures can I do so without detailing a whole starting settlement/place? (And may link them to OverTheNextHill articles?)

And, can I use tasloi in my adventure. (Not a prob if I can't b/c they will become swamp goblins, but would just love to know). ANYONE can answer this for me that knows more about IP etc :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I have asked in a variety of places but getting no response. May as well try here.

Does anyone know if tasloi is Wizards IP? A tribe of tasloi are central to my first adventure, but I am not sure if I can even use them. I would like to (but can go with adjusted goblin stats if I can't... but would love to know, as I have already spent time statting out the little buggers).

You need to look at the SRDs to see if they’ve been released as OGC. If you plan to start writing OGC products like this, you’ll need to learn this stuff, dull though it is, otherwise you’ll be sending editors pages of content they can’t use.

Last edited:

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Tasloi are not in the SRD under monsters, but they are not singled out as Product Identity either? I am guessing, not in there = don't use?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You can use the 3.x SRD too, and the Pathfinder PRD, and any other open content SRD. If it’s not there, just make up your own name.

Remove ads