WotBS Starting WotBS

Fuzzybear

Explorer
Don't be afraid to make the adventure your own. What I mean is two-fold. First, don't worry about being wrong, especially if you haven't read ahead. Just roll with it when new information comes out. Secondly, the adventure path is fleshed out well, but not immutable. Change things when needed - add more that you party likes and connects to backstories, remove or modify things that they don't care for. The text is only guidelines, so have fun with it and make it your own.

Know your players' interests. It's a long campaign, so figure out what will keep them invested long term. Maybe encourage them to check in with you every once in a while to ensure they and their characters understand the point of what they're doing, and they they haven't lost the plot. See if they want to tell you goals they have, which you can use to motivate them.

Oginme

Villager
Can you give me a suggestion of any particular game report(ers)?
Fuzzybear's, Tolamaker's, and pneumatik's story threads give great insight into how the different modules can be played out, given the actions and directions their respective groups have taken with the story line. I especially like their notes on areas they have changed or enhanced to help with the story line. Fuzzybear's campaign can be listened to on YouTube, which gives an understanding of how he has woven backstories into the campaign.

All gold!

Bill T.

Explorer
Can you give me a suggestion of any particular game report(ers)?
In addition to @Oginme's good suggestions, some (relative) old-timers like like @Mrpereira and @Lylandra are also helpful. Lylandra's players are deeply into role-playing, so I found her descriptions to be particularly enlightening and encouraging (be brave!); she also shared here some additional materials she put together for her campaign.. Mr. Pereira's experience is closer to my own, which provided me good guidance.

I've shared notes from both of my own campaigns, as well as a few of my own exhibits (like Torrax's journal, which might be useful in chapter 4).

Remove ads