• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starwars Battlefront: The Inevitable Thread

driver8

First Post
KenM said:
They have a patch out that is suposted to fix some of the server broswer issues. http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Battlefront.htm

Sadly it seems to make it worse. I like the game, some of the maps seem unbalanced but the huge battles are a blast. I just hope the future patch tweaks the mulit gui and maybe puts some sort of respawning invulnerability in game. Please.

Even with the problems I like the game. My biggest peeve is rejoining a game youre in. Ill play 2 or 3 times on a server then while in the lobby trying to join again I time out. sigh.

Anyone else have opinions now that the games been out for a week?

KenM

Banned
Banned
I agree the the multiplayer server browser needs alot of work, favorites, filters, ping by number. The new patch makes most servers have a bad ping, but if you refesh on the server, the ping gets better.

KenM said:
Anyone know how you do that roll I see people doing in game?
Really easy(and strangely amusing). Just jump while going to the side. No forward or backward motion.

I actually did it by accident, and it was a neat surprise. :)

KenM

Banned
Banned
If they do not fix the server browser to have filters, favorites, ping by number, ect. this game will die a quick death. That would suck, beacuse other then the server browser, IMO its a great game.
Does anyone know if the server browsers for Xbox and PS2 are as bad as the PC version?

Goodsport

Explorer
Also, this just in from the development team:

We would like to thank everyone for the various discussions that have been occurring on these boards. The team has spent a great deal of time reading and noting the various improvements and changes people have requested.

We are very committed to the on-going enhancements to Star Wars Battlefront on all three platforms. Over the past two weeks we've given each platform some quick improvements to deal with immediate needs. The team has also been working on many new enhancements and additions to the various platforms. Some of the things we are working on are: adding features to the in-game server browser, additional options for Hosts, a Linux version of the dedicated server software, resolving inconsistent results on the Leaderboards and many other improvements

We also have some bigger things planned for the game that we hope to be able to speak about soon.

Thanks again for all the constructive feedback, please keep it coming.

The Star Wars Battlefront Team

Hmm... bigger things ahead? Interesting. :cool:

-G

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads