stats for creatures from Tremors?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
A friend posed this question to me:
"Do you know of any stats for the Graboids, Sherkers and ABs from the Tremors movies ? I was hoping to do a Sidewinder game with them as a one shot, and I need stats (D20 Modern)"

Knight Otu

First Post
Didn't someone create one of them for Krishnath's March Move Monster Madness (or any other order)? I actually believe it was Erica...?

pyrobob

First Post
heres a repost of the 1st movie's graboid, done by X-ray Crossbow:

Graboid
Huge Vermin
HD: 6d8+12 (36 hp)
Init: +6 (_2 Dex, +4 Improved Iniative)
Spd: 30 ft
AC: 16 (+6 Natural)
Atks: 4 tentacle bites +6
Dmg: Tentacle bite 1d4, bite 2d6
Face/Reach: 10 ft x 30 ft/5 ft (tentacles)
SA: Improved Grab, Swallow Whole
SQ: Tremorsense, Burrow
Saves: Fort + 7 Ref +4 Will + 2
Abs: Str 14 Dex 14 Con 14 Int - Wis 10 Cha 6
Skills: Skills: Hide +1, Listen +3
Feats: Improved Initiative
Climate/Terrain: Warm to temperate desert
Organization: solitary, pair, or gaggle (3-8)
CR: 4
Treasure: None
AL: N
Adv: 6-9 HD (Huge)

Graboids are large, carnivorous worm-like creature that live in desert areas. They can sense the location of anything moving on top of the ground.

A graboid appears as a roughly 30 foot long worm like creature. A graboid's body is studded with small dark spikes which it uses to move through the ground.

A graboids head is composed of three pronged pincing claws that shelter four snake-like tentacles. These tentacles are about as thick as a man's arm, and have a small mouth of fangs on the end. Graboids grapple food with these and pull it into it's mouth, which is an orangeish color and

Combat

Graboids eat anything that causes vibrations. A graboid goes after the largest sources of vibration first, as they are larger prey.

Graboids can be tricked into eating harmful objects or running into underground stone barriers.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the graboid must hit an opponent of up to Medium-size with two of its tentacles. If
it gets a hold, it can bite or swallow its prey.

Swallow Whole (Ex): By making a successful grapple check, a graboid can swallow a grabbed opponent of Medium-size or smaller.

Once inside, the creature takes 2d8+2 points of crushing damage plus 6 points of acid damage per round from the graboid’s
digestive juices.

A swallowed creature can climb out of the graboid with a successful grapple check. This returns it to the graboid’s maw where another successful grapple check is needed to get free.

A swallowed creature can also cut its way out by using claws or a Small or Tiny slashing weapon to deal 15 points of damage
to the gizzard (AC 20).

Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must again cut
its own way out. The graboid’s stomach can hold one Medium-size, two Small, four Tiny, eight Diminutive, or sixteen Fine or
smaller opponents.

Burrow (Ex): A graboid can glide through sand, loose soil or almost any sort of loosely packed earth (except rock or stone)
as easily as a fish swims through water.

Its burrowing leaves behind no tunnel or hole, however, dust, sand or other loose materials on the surface above he graboid
may be disturbed by the graboid's movement, if the graboid is within 5 feet of the surface.

A move earth spell cast on an area containing a burrowing graboid flings the graboid back 30 feet, stunning the creature
for 1 round unless it succeeds at a Fortitude save.

Tremorsense (Ex): A graboid can automatically sense the location of anything within 120 feet that is in contact with the ground.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
go for it dude. ;) even better if you can add some d20 Modern stats in there, but no biggie if you can't. ;)

Ferret

Explorer
Graboid
Huge Vermin
Hit Dice: 6d8+12 (36 hp)
Initiative: +6 (+2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 30 ft, burrow 50ft.
AC: 16 (+6 Natural)
Base attack/Grapple: +4/+14
Attack: Bite melee +6 (2d6+3)
Full attack: Bite melee +6 (2d6+3) and Tentacles melee +1 (1d4+2)
Space/Reach: 15 ft /15 ft (tentacles)
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Swallow Whole
Special Qualities: Tremorsense, Burrow
Saves: Fort + 7 Ref +4 Will + 2
Abities: Str 14 Dex 14 Con 14 Int - Wis 10 Cha 6
Skills: Skills: Hide +1, Listen +3
Feats: Improved Initiative
Climate/Terrain: Warm desert
Organization: Solitary, pair, or Pack (3-8)
CR: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 6-9 HD (Huge)

What has just burst from the ground resembles a maggot over twenty foot in length and bloated around the middle. It’s head is festooned with three pincer like tusk-teeth, that snap angrily.

Graboids are large, carnivorous worm-like creatures that live in desert areas. They can sense the location of anything moving on top of the ground.

A graboid appears as a roughly worm like creature. A graboid's body is studded with small dark spikes which it uses to move through the ground.

A graboids head is composed of three pronged pincing claws that shelter four snake-like tentacles. These tentacles are about as thick as a man's arm, and have a small mouth of fangs on the end. Graboids grapple food with these and pull it into its mouth, which is an orangish colour.

Graboids grow around 20ft in length and weigh up to 15 tons, they speak nor understand any language.

Combat:

Graboids eat anything that causes vibrations. A graboid goes after the largest sources of vibration first, as they are larger prey.

Graboids can be tricked into eating harmful objects or running into underground stone barriers.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the graboid must hit an opponent of up to Medium-size with two of its tentacles. If it gets a hold, it can bite or swallow its prey.

Swallow Whole (Ex): By making a successful grapple check, a graboid can swallow a grabbed opponent of Medium-size or smaller. Once inside, the creature takes 2d8+2 points of crushing damage plus 6 points of acid damage per round from the graboid’s
digestive juices. A swallowed creature can climb out of the graboid with a successful grapple check. This returns it to the graboid’s maw where another successful grapple check is needed to get free. A swallowed creature can also cut its way out by using claws or a Small or Tiny slashing weapon to deal 15 points of damage
to the gizzard (AC 20).

Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must again cut its own way out. The graboid’s stomach can hold one Medium-size, two Small, four Tiny, eight Diminutive, or sixteen Fine or smaller opponents.

Burrow (Ex): A graboid can glide through sand, loose soil or almost any sort of loosely packed earth (except rock or stone) as easily as a fish swims through water.

Its burrowing leaves behind no tunnel or hole, however, dust, sand or other loose materials on the surface above the graboid may be disturbed by the graboid's movement, if the graboid is within 5 feet of the surface.

A move earth spell cast on an area containing a burrowing graboid flings the graboid back 30 feet, stunning the creature for 1 round unless it succeeds at a Fortitude save.

Tremorsense (Ex): A graboid can automatically sense the location of anything within 120 feet that is in contact with the ground.

pyrobob

First Post
>>"they speak nor understand any language."

kinda redundant, seeing as how they're vermin :p anyways, its bout time they got a redux; i found this in a file of old posts from like 2002

Last edited:

Doc_Souark

Explorer
Thanks guys this'll give my players a good game, I think thet're getting bored with chasin' train robbers and saveing the school marm. CR 4 seems kinda light but I'll see what I can do about it.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Good stuff. I'll be using this in my D20 Modern Sliders/Tangents game. Any chance of seeing a writeup of the other tremors (shrieker and assblasters) criiters?

Remove ads