Status of the online CB?

S

Sunseeker

My wife is thinking of running a 4e game and we've both enjoyed using the online CB in the past, but with 5e up-and-coming I have been wondering if it's still being maintained or improved. So I figured I'd ask you good folks if you knew if the CB still worked, if anything new has been added (since Heroes of the Fey-something was added), or if maybe there was somewhere I could go to get a simple breakdown of at least what classes and races are available?

Thanks!

EDIT: otherwise, if it's functionality has declined for whatever reason, if there is any 3rd party(ideally free or one-time fee) builders that have comparable functions(ie: content up to at least Heroes of Fey-watever)?

Kinak

First Post
They made an announcement that updates would be stopping... I think it was January, basically when they run out of content from Dungeon and Dragon going on hiatus.

But it's still running and having stuff sporadically added to it now. Whether it's worth it is up to you, but they'll probably have the legacy content up as long as people are willing to pay them.

Cheers!
Kinak

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Oh, and if you want a list of classes and races I suggest going into the Compendium. Even if you don't have an account you can still search and see the list of results. I would do it for you but my internet connection is not good enough for WotC tools right now (Third World + world's biggest typhoon = crappy bandwidth).

S

Sunseeker

Oh, and if you want a list of classes and races I suggest going into the Compendium. Even if you don't have an account you can still search and see the list of results. I would do it for you but my internet connection is not good enough for WotC tools right now (Third World + world's biggest typhoon = crappy bandwidth).

Did they add the Dragon magazine races to it? Or are those still considered "other".

Remove ads