• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stealth Flow Chart

zsek320

First Post
Based on the confusion of stealth, I made a stealth flow chart... to try and make it as clear as possible...

This is based off of the entry in the PHB to try and give a better example of how stealth works than what WoTC has currently provided.

Below are version 1 and 2... to see Storminator's version go to http://www.enworld.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4349978&postcount=25

Attachments

• StealthFlowChartv1.JPG
    StealthFlowChartv1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 728
  • StealthFlowChartv2.JPG
    StealthFlowChartv2.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 1,142
Last edited:

Storminator

First Post
Based on the confusion of stealth, I made a stealth flow chart... to try and make it as clear as possible...

This is based off of the entry in the PHB to try and give a better example of how stealth works than what WoTC has currently provided.

I would change the No branch at the bottom, off "Did the roll beat the Stealth check by 10 or more?" from "you are unseen" to "creature knows direction to you, but not square."

PS

Zetesofos

Explorer
Wow...that, is handy.

However, I would add something after that, say on your turn after you've stealthed already. This helps clarify that this is what happens when you make a stealth check as part of any move or attack action. Want to attack someone from stealth *pull out flowchart*

Old Gumphrey

First Post
Not to trivialize your work, but the fact that this chart is even necessary is just...it makes me want to kick things. It doesn't even go into combat detail, involving combat advantage and what not. This chart could feasibly be twice as large.

Miar

First Post
It would be great to see some other points on it like what counts for movement necessary for stealth. Beginning in a square with cover, ending in one, having cover the entire way? Can you use stealth with an attack action and stealth attack (I seem to remember seeing that debated). Does the movement need to be to a new square with cover or and you stealth in the same square after loosing cover (i.e. from behind a pillar). Like the chart though!

It would be great to see some other points on it like what counts for movement necessary for stealth. Beginning in a square with cover, ending in one, having cover the entire way? Can you use stealth with an attack action and stealth attack (I seem to remember seeing that debated). Does the movement need to be to a new square with cover or and you stealth in the same square after loosing cover (i.e. from behind a pillar). Like the chart though!

Thats because (as I understand it) this is debated, and has been given contradictory answers from Customer service. I have not seen them, so someone correct me if this is just rumor, but I've seen several people reference them.

Awesome chart, thanks!

Remove ads