• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Steam and Steel - A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks - extra teaser posted 4/27/04

Carnifex

First Post
RangerWickett said:
For those who haven't spotted it yet, Carnifex posted a small teaser of special materials in this post.

Carnifex, though I have not yet been much involved in this project, that little bit you just posted got me real interested. Hellhound better hurry up and put this out already, or we might impeach him. *wink*

All kidding aside, dang, I can't believe this slipped mostly under my nose. I knew about the project, but I'd never looked much into before. Now I wish I had more free time to read your stuff.

Well, back to studying.

Cheers :) I'm currently trying to think of what other extract I could put up as an interesting teaser. Though hopefully HH & Dextra will have the full thing ready for release before too long :) Perhaps finally we'll actually meet one of the many predicted release dates that have been set for St&St over the past 6 months :p

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Ages ago I said that I was holding off production until I could get the art in from this one particular artist, and that it'd be well worth the wait.

Unfortunately, we've lost touch with him, so we're going to go ahead with what we have rather than wait any longer. It will be out (and available in PoD) well before GenCon.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Wait... is that the shining product at the end of the tunnel?

(or just another train...) ;)

Good news, nonetheless! :)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Went and watched our local narrow guage train do a run on it's track today. Put this song in my mind -

Fast Freight

As I listen for the whistle, lie awake and wait.
Wish the railroad didn't run so near,
'Cause the rattle and clatter of that old fast freight
keeps a-makin' music in my ear.
Go bum again.
Go bum again.

(Chorus:)
Hear the whistle blow, Hear the whistle blow.
Clickety clack, clickety clack.
The wheels are saying to the railroad track.
Well if you go, you can't come back.
if you go, you can't come back.
if you go, you can't come back.

Well, I wouldn't give a nickel for the bum I use to be,
work as hard as any man in town.
I got a purty gal. She thinks the world of me.
Man would be a fool to let her down.
Go bum again.
Go bum again.

Chorus

So ev'ry night I listen, wonder if it's late.
In my dreams I'm ridin' on that train.
I feel my pulse a-beatin' with that old fast freight
and thank the Lord I'm just a bum again.
Go bum again.
Go bum again.

Chorus

The Auld Grump - clickety clack, clickety clack.... With thanks to the Kingston Trio...

Last edited:

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
w00t!

Suldulin said:
bump de bump

So um, how much longer?

The Prodigal Artist has returned! He's sent me scans of three pages worth of sketches, and is going to send in some more detailed stuff by the end of the week.

Layout begins on Friday, June 4th, with the aim of it being released the following Friday (June 11th).

Remove ads