Steam and Steel - A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks - extra teaser posted 4/27/04

Carnifex

First Post
Tzarevitch said:
Any chance on just releasing it without the art or "as is"? At this point I'd be happy with the bird-in-hand in whatever format it may be in. I have been delaying my Planescape-Steampunk campaign start so I could get Steam and Steel and incorporate it, but it has taken so long to come out that I can't wait much longer. The release date seems to keep receding into the distance with no end in sight. :(

Tzarevitch

Tzarevitch,

Now, obviously I'm not going to send you over my original copy of Steam & Steel, the unedited just-text stuff I've got kicking around on my laptop, BUT send me an email. I may be able to help you with some of the info you need to at least get the campaign kicking off, so that when it's finally released you'll be able to easily integrate it.

Tzarevitch

First Post
Carnifex said:
Tzarevitch,

Now, obviously I'm not going to send you over my original copy of Steam & Steel, the unedited just-text stuff I've got kicking around on my laptop, BUT send me an email. I may be able to help you with some of the info you need to at least get the campaign kicking off, so that when it's finally released you'll be able to easily integrate it.

Will do.

Thanks,

Tzarevitch

Carnifex

First Post
Well, from this week's Friday Five...

Our next release is “Steam and Steel – a Guide to Fantasy Steamworks”, an absolutely amazing manuscript that landed on my lap during the summer of 2003 that regretfully has still not been published due to a series of SNAFUs (now revolving around some missing pieces of art). This is what a steamtech toolkit should be, in my opinion, and I snapped it up as soon as I saw it. It isn’t ‘steampunk’ per se, but a full set of modular rules and examples for steam tech devices in the d20 game. We are also glad to be able to work with Phil Reid on this product line, with him working on some ‘support’ material using the rules presented in this volume that he will be releasing through his company, Ronin Arts. (I’m drooling at the thought of steamtech prosthetics illustrated by Chris Shy).

I couldn't help but grin happily when I read that, but I have to admit that the bit about working with Phil Reid for making some support material is something I wasn't aware of :eek: Not that I think it's a bad thing or am against it, but I'm feeling slightly out of the loop as to what's going on now... Dextra or HH, you couldn't fill me in, could you? :D

fnork de sporg

First Post
I absolutely cannto wait for this item to come out. I must have it!

And I definitely agree with you that a print on demand option should be included, at the least!

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I have come to the conclusion that all D20 Steam Punk supplements are cursed - Sorcery & Steam was late, as is Steam and Steel. The last word available for Steam-trains & Sorcery is from August, Deadlands D20 was delayed for quite some time until they could be bought back by the original owner, and Iron Kingdoms is a full two years past the original projected publication date. I don't know how Mongoose's OGL Steam Punk is going to fair, but I fear the worst... :p

Mostly joking, but goodness it seems consistent!

The Auld Grump, who still has the money sitting in his account waiting for S&S to be announced...

Carnifex

First Post
TheAuldGrump said:
I have come to the conclusion that all D20 Steam Punk supplements are cursed - Sorcery & Steam was late, as is Steam and Steel. The last word available for Steam-trains & Sorcery is from August, Deadlands D20 was delayed for quite some time until they could be bought back by the original owner, and Iron Kingdoms is a full two years past the original projected publication date. I don't know how Mongoose's OGL Steam Punk is going to fair, but I fear the worst... :p

Mostly joking, but goodness it seems consistent!

The Auld Grump, who still has the money sitting in his account waiting for S&S to be announced...

This may well be, unfortunately, true :p The curse of steam!

tecnowraith

First Post
Ok Im back and I some questions. Cranifex, can you give a sample or a preview what we find in in the book? I hoping to be information like the crystalburner engine and/or a wierd science chapter.

Thanks

Last edited:

Remove ads