Steampunk supplements

cwhs01

First Post
I've gotten hold of Iron kingdoms books I+II, and i like them a lot. But the steampunk rules and mechanicka rules are somewhat complicated. Probably to complex for what i want. Also i don't like the firearms rules (especially the effectiveness, or lack of..). What are the best simple, but comprehensive alternative steampunk/firearms ruleset? Preferably pdf, but a book is ok.

GlassJaw

Hero
Check the OGL forum. There have been a few threads on steampunk stuff, some quite recent if I recall. I posted a list in of them, I just don't feel like repeating it here.

Voadam

Legend
Steampunk you have a couple of options.

FFG has Sorcery and Steam, a 176 page book for $5 in pdf.

ENPublishing has Steam & Steel: A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks for $9.95.

Dragonmech and DragonMech SteamWarriors has more fantasy d20 steamtech as well (both available as pdfs.

Avemolech Campaign setting pdf is a d20 fantasy steampunk one.

Etherscope is d20Modern based victorian age steamtech and fantasy.

The Warcraft d20 RPG has some steampunk stuff.

Mongoose publishing has OGL Steampunk a complete d20 system I believe.

Of these I only own the EN Publishing one and haven't read it yet. I really liked ENPublishing's Fantastic Science one though.

cwhs01

First Post
thx for the replies, and very usefull feedback. I'll browse the ogl sections of the forum and have a look at reviews of the suggested books.

c

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I bought EnWorld's Steam and Steel in print for 19.99 and got the PDF included! It appears to be bound in a professional manner and is very slick for a softcover.

If you are looking for IDEAS on how to use Steampunk in a campaign, this is the book for you. I find that it's on par with a GURPS manual in the way of information, if that helps your decision-making. :)

Last edited:

cwhs01

First Post
Herobizkit said:
If you are looking for IDEAS on how to use Steampunk in a campaign, this is the book for you. I find that it's on par with a GURPS manual in the way of information, if that helps your decision-making. :)

I was allready leaning towards this one, most/all reviews being very positive. And i wanted something modular, a toolbox, i could modify for use in my campaign. Now i'll have to buy it i guess:)

Remove ads