• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Steampunk supplements

cwhs01

First Post
I've gotten hold of Iron kingdoms books I+II, and i like them a lot. But the steampunk rules and mechanicka rules are somewhat complicated. Probably to complex for what i want. Also i don't like the firearms rules (especially the effectiveness, or lack of..). What are the best simple, but comprehensive alternative steampunk/firearms ruleset? Preferably pdf, but a book is ok.

GlassJaw

Hero
Check the OGL forum. There have been a few threads on steampunk stuff, some quite recent if I recall. I posted a list in of them, I just don't feel like repeating it here.

Voadam

Legend
Steampunk you have a couple of options.

FFG has Sorcery and Steam, a 176 page book for $5 in pdf.

ENPublishing has Steam & Steel: A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks for $9.95.

Dragonmech and DragonMech SteamWarriors has more fantasy d20 steamtech as well (both available as pdfs.

Avemolech Campaign setting pdf is a d20 fantasy steampunk one.

Etherscope is d20Modern based victorian age steamtech and fantasy.

The Warcraft d20 RPG has some steampunk stuff.

Mongoose publishing has OGL Steampunk a complete d20 system I believe.

Of these I only own the EN Publishing one and haven't read it yet. I really liked ENPublishing's Fantastic Science one though.

cwhs01

First Post
thx for the replies, and very usefull feedback. I'll browse the ogl sections of the forum and have a look at reviews of the suggested books.

c

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I bought EnWorld's Steam and Steel in print for 19.99 and got the PDF included! It appears to be bound in a professional manner and is very slick for a softcover.

If you are looking for IDEAS on how to use Steampunk in a campaign, this is the book for you. I find that it's on par with a GURPS manual in the way of information, if that helps your decision-making. :)

Last edited:

cwhs01

First Post
Herobizkit said:
If you are looking for IDEAS on how to use Steampunk in a campaign, this is the book for you. I find that it's on par with a GURPS manual in the way of information, if that helps your decision-making. :)

I was allready leaning towards this one, most/all reviews being very positive. And i wanted something modular, a toolbox, i could modify for use in my campaign. Now i'll have to buy it i guess:)

Remove ads