Stephen Colbert to Play Mini Adventure with Matt Mercer of Critical Role for Red Nose Day

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Caustic? I’m frankly amazed. Biting sure, because it’s on target. But caustic?

Anyway MNblockhead has it right. He’s a huge geek and a D&D player from way back. This should be pretty entertaining and for a good cause. Red nose day in the U.K. has produced some really fun one-offs. Daniel Craig’s online dating one is hilarious!

[video=youtube_share;g4AgzQvFNZs]https://youtu.be/g4AgzQvFNZs[/video]

And, tbh, anyone who’s neutral politically these days is living in denial. We’ve gone off the deep-end and things are not in a good place.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I really don't think it's a good idea for someone who is so strongly partisan to attach itself to a charity that is presumably non-partisan. You're going to turn off people from it, even if it's a good cause. (As mentioned "caustic" is a good word for his strain of partisanship)

Would people on the other side be happy if say, Rush Limbaugh or Tucker Carlson took part? I'm guessing not.

Heck yeah. I would greatly enjoy seeing how he played the game if I discovered today he was an avid D&D player.

I don't know about anyone else's tables, but when we play at mine, we aren't in America with modern political hemming and hawing. We're in our world, fighting Orcs along side Elves. So... yeah... who cares who you voted for outside of the game?

Caustic? I’m frankly amazed. Biting sure, because it’s on target. But caustic?

Anyway MNblockhead has it right. He’s a huge geek and a D&D player from way back. This should be pretty entertaining and for a good cause. Red nose day in the U.K. has produced some really fun one-offs. Daniel Craig’s online dating one is hilarious!

[video=youtube_share;g4AgzQvFNZs]https://youtu.be/g4AgzQvFNZs[/video]

And, tbh, anyone who’s neutral politically these days is living in denial. We’ve gone off the deep-end and things are not in a good place.
It is probably just me.

I really hate political humor, people who try to hide behind comedy and sarcasm so they can make blatantly biased political snipes at people on the other side.

So based on this I consider him to be caustic and quite possibly a toxic choice for an apolitical event.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Well no politics surfaced in the game. A fun, short, solo one-shot led by Mercer. I felt that Colbert was seriously getting into it.

I have to say that this seems to be Mercer's super power. I think many of these celebrities come to it for a quick fun promotion, play it as a kind of gag. Then, after a few minutes, you can see their demeanor change as Mercer starts spinning the story. Mercer's earnestness, along with his great story telling, control of pace, and voice-acting, brings back the magic.

The Vin Diesel game was still my favorite, but I enjoyed tonights show and they raised a good chunk of change for a worthy cause.

I only wish Robbin Williams were still around. I'd give anything to see him play in a game.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Yeah. It was good fun really. He played a Bard though. Glad to see he was really enjoying it as well. Maybe he missed it!

Remove ads