• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stephen Colbert

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Teflon Billy said:
I think Colbert is fantastic, but Lewis Black is the TDS staffer who really speaks to me.

lewis_black.jpg

Amen Teflon.

der_kluge

Adventurer
the black knight said:
Yeah, I watched it when Kilborn was doing it and I remember feeling annoyed that they got rid of him for Stewart; I didn't think he was suited for the role in the way Kilborn had been.

Heh, I couldn't have been more wrong about that one.

You and me both. I just knew it was going to suck after Kilborn left. I bet Kilborn kicks himself every day for that one.

Darthjaye

First Post
Colbert is just plain funny. But I gotta agree with the others here too....Black is great. Loved his rant the other night about Tom Cruise. Damn that was funny. Carrell still does guest spots btw for those out there who like him. They are just very rare.

Voadam

Legend
Teflon Billy said:
I think Colbert is fantastic, but Lewis Black is the TDS staffer who really speaks to me.

lewis_black.jpg

Agree on both points.

I held on to cable for a long time just for the daily show. Now my father in law tapes it for me and sends them as birthday presents. It loses a little bit on being about old news, but still worth watching.

Eolin

Explorer
On Colbert "leaving" ...

It isn't so much that he's leaving, as that he's getting a spinoff show ...

The Colbert Report. Pronuonced in french. It is going to be the No Fact Zone, and the details definetly can't be talked about on a no-politics website.

What I can say ... is that it will be in the vein of the one-man shows that talk about the news. Remember when John went on to CrossFire and told them they were hurting American and to please stop?

Its that sort of show. Only funny. John is supposed to do a lead-in each day, so it'll be like the Daily Show is an hour long.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads