D&D 4E Steve Jobs as an NPC in 4e

Kzach

Banned
Banned
I'm thinking epic-level and some sort of esoteric spell-caster with a hint of mad genius with probably a base of some sort in a large and advanced city. Perhaps a native of Eberron given it's penchant for artifice?

He'd have to have some sort of divine quality or be a divine class, given the adoration those who use his gadgets and form a cult-like following. He should also have an underling called Zow, who is smarter than him, works for peanuts behind the scenes, and is completely naive and/or oblivious to his machinations.

Any other thoughts or contributions?

marli

First Post
and he would sell the i-bow that would never break, alway gave a automatic hit on a 1 dealt +1 damage(then the equivilent bow) returned to your hand if stolen dealt holy damage and was only avalible in white(except the i-bow +4)
however the only arrowes that would work came from i-fletchers.(who didnt actully make the arrows, just resold them for a 30% cut)
enchantment could only be bought from the i-portal and the mage aways tried to offer you fart-n-fire for 99coppers and would dispate if bill wished it!
the cost of the i-bow is alway twice as expensive and causes the user to worship bill.

MarauderX

Explorer
Artificer hermit. Since he is used to dealing with only machines for years, he is an absolute tyrant to everyone, telling them what to do and attempts to slay any who do not obey.
Can the party be as victorious as the legendary Bill of the Gates and release the leashed warforged from his managerial prison?

A minion.

Make him mid-heroic level, say 6th to 8th, and give him two skill-boosting abilities. One for Charisma-based skills, and one for invention-based skills.

Sort of like this:

Minor Actions
Master Inventor * Daily. Effect: Steve Jobs gains a +5 power bonus to the next [insert skills] check he makes before the end of his next turn.

It takes (without ability bonuses or gear, note well) 10 levels to gain a +5 skill bonus to a skill check. Even with ability score bonuses, but no items, you're looking at about 8 levels. So if Jobs were an 8th-level minion, he's capable of making skill checks like a 16th-level character once a day. Given the type of Craft skill checks Jobs makes (he has employees, after all) he's probably making some really high DC checks once a day, week or even month.

marelion

First Post
What about illusionist? They are the best con-artists ever :D Hand him out an apple as an orb and make him a powerful wizard. Give him some unique powers to remember him by, something like:

I am a Genius!

Aura 5: Allies and dominated creatures in the burst gain +2 to attack rolls but take -5 penalty to Insight checks.

Brand Logo

Minor Action *Arcane, Illusion*

Melee touch

One object

Effect: Steve Jobs places an apple on the object. Once during each turn he can make the following attack as a free action:

Close Burst 10

Intelligence vs Will

Hit: Each enemy is pulled 3 squares towards the object the brand logo has been placed upon.

Special: Steve Jobs can place as many Brand Logos as he desires and trigger the effects of as many Brand Logos as it pleases him.

Not up-to-date!

StandardAction *Arcane, Implement, Charm*

One Object with a Brand Logo placed on it

Effect: Steve Jobs throws the object up to 10 squares away into an unoccupied square.

Secondary Attack

Close Burst 1, originating from the square the object has been thrown into.

Each enemy in burst

Intelligence vs Reflex

Hit: The target takes a -5 penalty to its next attack roll.

Product Presentation
- Encounter Power -

Steve Jobs bites into the appple and throws it at a second class product. Unable to control themselves, potential customers and critics alike revel in ecstasy, uhable to look beyond the shiny surface of his latest gizmo

*Standard Action* *Arcane, Implement, Illusion*

Close Burst 5

Each enemy in burst

Intelligence vs Will

Requirement: Steve Jobs must hold an object with a brand logo placed upon it

Hit: The target is dazed, save ends.

Effect:Steve Jobs gains a +10 power bonus to all Bluff checks while each enemy in the burst takes a -10 penalty to Insight checks related to attempts of selling or promoting the object a Brand Logo has been placed upon.

In addition, targets take a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends). Note that a succesful save does not remove the penalty to insight checks.

I-Hype

Standard Action Arcane, Illusion, Implement

One creature

Intelligence vs Will

Hit: The target is dominated (save ends). Saving throws against this effect suffer from a -2 penalty.

Hurry up, the presentation is in five minutes!!!

Standard action Arcane, Implement, Fear

Ranged 5

One ally

Effect: The target makes a melee basic attack as a free action with a bonus to the attack rolls and damage rolls equal to the numbers of Brand Logos Steve Jobs has created since the start of the encounter.

If this attack hits, Steve Jobs automnatically recharges Product Presentation and uses it as a free action.

Sorry, your I-Phone is ringing. (recharge 5,6)

Immediate InterruptTrigger: Steve Jobs would be hit by a melee or ranged attack.
Effect: Steve Jobs shifts 3 squares and uses his I-Hype power as a free action against the target even if it normally is not within range of that power.

Trained Skills: Bluff, Arcana, Religion

How about this? ;)

And yes, I didn`t state any attack bonusses so one could use him at any given level. He does not use the Divine Powersource but I honestly think Arcane suits him better anyway. He would be a Controller(Leader)-type of monster and of course he would have to be a solo or at least an elite.

Last edited:

Remove ads