Stocking Stuffers for Your Dungeon Master

It's one thing to buy the dungeon master in your life a big gift when all the players chip in, but if you want to get something special for a DM that's not too expensive, there are now plenty of options. The criteria for this list is that the gift should be inexpensive (under $20) and small enough to fit in a stocking. They're ranked from least to most expensive.

It's one thing to buy the dungeon master in your life a big gift when all the players chip in, but if you want to get something special for a DM that's not too expensive, there are now plenty of options. The criteria for this list is that the gift should be inexpensive (under $20) and small enough to fit in a stocking. They're ranked from least to most expensive.​
dicestocking.png

Dice Stocking

• Cost: $12
  • Company: Antcreptson
  • Description: It's not very big, but big enough to hold some of the other items on this list. What better way to wrap your gift for the holidays than in a dice-themed stocking?

coasters.jpg

D&D Engraved Coasters

• Company: CZYY
  • Description: These surprisingly affordable coasters are intricately engraved. Best of all, one of them reads Dungeon Master (so nobody else can use it!).
popsocket.jpg

D&D PopSocket

• Cost: $16
  • Company: D20 Tabletop Gamer
  • Description: If your DM uses a lot apps on her phone, this is a nice reminder that only the DM should be using a phone at the table. It also props up the phone for easy viewing.
mug.jpg

Because I'm the DM Mug

• Cost: $19
  • Company: Beach Open
  • Description: What it says on the tin, or in this case on the ceramic.
dndsocks.jpg

D&D Socks

• Cost: $20
  • Company: Fantasydice Store
  • Description: I have just about every pair of D&D-themed socks on the market, but only one these socks are well-made and comfortable.
dicebeanie.jpg

Dice Beanie

• Company: Bioworld
  • Description: If your DM is always cold or has to travel to a game, this is a welcome way of keeping them warm and identifying them from a distance.

Michael Tresca

Michael Tresca

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"Oooh, look at those socks!" Clicks link. Sees price of 31.90. Cries silently.
I buy fun socks all the time when I'm at Old Navy and the like, and they always start feeling like they're going to fall asleep after a very few wearings. I'm starting to wonder if more expensive socks will make the difference.

jasper

Rotten DM
Pass on the socks as most of the fantasy socks I seen are toe nail catchers. But back scratcher for moving minis. Dice especially from relatives who don't understand the game. $8 at walmart. Dry Erase markers for DMs who use dry erase maps. $1+. Dragon ornaments from Design Toscano 12.95. Gift cards.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I have bought a ton of gifts for the people I play with this year for Christmas by looking on Etsy. Unless you are the type who rolls their dice a thousand times while tracking their results on a spreadsheet to make sure they're properly balanced, I highly recommend Etsy. So many fun and interesting dice.

I got one player dice with retro 1980s'-style digital displays instead of regular numbers, another tiny pandas floating around inside clear dice, another ones with sand and seashells inside the dice (settled to look like a sea bottom) and, for myself, I just got some d6s where the sides are illustrated with computer RPG icons (an 8-bit helmet for ones, gems for sixes, etc.).

Eraic

Villager
It's one thing to buy the dungeon master in your life a big gift when all the players chip in, but if you want to get something special for a DM that's not too expensive, there are now plenty of options. The criteria for this list is that the gift should be inexpensive (under $20) and small enough to fit in a stocking. They're ranked from least to most expensive.​

Dice Stocking

• Company: Antcreptson
  • Description: It's not very big, but big enough to hold some of the other items on this list. What better way to wrap your gift for the holidays than in a dice-themed stocking?

D&D Engraved Coasters

• Company: CZYY
  • Description: These surprisingly affordable coasters are intricately engraved. Best of all, one of them reads Dungeon Master (so nobody else can use it!).

D&D PopSocket

• Cost: $16
  • Company: D20 Tabletop Gamer
  • Description: If your DM uses a lot apps on her phone, this is a nice reminder that only the DM should be using a phone at the table. It also props up the phone for easy viewing.

Because I'm the DM Mug

• Cost: $19
  • Company: Beach Open
  • Description: What it says on the tin, or in this case on the ceramic.

D&D Socks

• Company: Fantasydice Store
  • Description: I have just about every pair of D&D-themed socks on the market, but only one these socks are well-made and comfortable.

Dice Beanie

• Company: Bioworld
  • Description: If your DM is always cold or has to travel to a game, this is a welcome way of keeping them warm and identifying them from a distance.

Stupid question.. did you use to run a mud back in the day called RetroMud? This name really rings a bell, and vaguely remember reviewing some of your early modules back then for feedback and doing a zone or two of coding.

Remove ads

Remove ads