• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [OOC]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
drothgery said:
Actually, I was going to suggest that at least for the first couple of encounters, it's quite likely that the characters would be at rather disparate levels; Daellin was already an experienced officer long before the others (humans, planetouched, and shifters being much shorter-lived than elves) were born.
Daellin is the anomaly, of course. :)

stonegod

While y'all work on the vignettes, here are my notes on the sheets.

James Head Jannis' to-hit w/ her staff is +2 only if she uses one end. Its -2/-6 if used as as double weapon. In addition, she has only spent 28 of her 32 ability points for point buy and she has 4 ranks of skills left to purchase (2 at 1st level and 2 at 3rd; she is only allowed to put 1 point into Spellcraft at that level). Her Diplomacy should be +3 (+2 bonus from having 5 ranks in knowledge nobility), Concentration should be +12 and all her Int based skills should be +1. Also, because of the headband, please record a 20 Int, not 18. This also raises the DC of her spells by 1. Finally, she ismissing a spell pouch (she does not have Eschew Materials) and a belt pouch (for her coin, unless they are in Jannis' saddlebags). Also remember the familiar. :) I know you are working on summarizing your non-SRD spells.

Isida Maraat should record a +1 Listen/Spot bonus (not +3) at the top of the sheet. you also only have 11 action points (8+3)

DEFCON Jarrith's rapiers are doing to much damage: Alchemical silver subtracts one. Thus, the +1 silvered raiper (and I'd prefer you write it out that way in the Melee section) does 1d6+1 for enhancement+2 for Str-1 for Silver or 1d6+2. The mwk silvered rapier (again, ditto for listing it as such) does 1d6+1.

drogthery Daellin has an Init of +5 and a Listen of +10/Spot +11 to record at the top of the sheet. Please record you selected ranger spells. In your combat gear, please list your wand and holy water. Finally, you have overspent your point buy for abilities by 2 points (you have 34 instead of 32 points).

GwydapLlew Khensu's greataxe does +5 damage (1.5 str as it is wielded two handed)

Doomhawk Your dagger to hit is too high: Its +5 for melee (+4 base, +1 enhance) and +6 ranged (+4 base, +1 enhance, +1 Dex). Please also record a summary of your non-SRD spells.

One final note: Everyone except Daellin/drogthery need identification papers as you are all crossing borders (your traveling papers will be provided). I'd prefer you have them pre-game.

stonegod

stonegod said:
drogthery Daellin has an Init of +5 and a Listen of +10/Spot +11 to record at the top of the sheet. Please record you selected ranger spells. In your combat gear, please list your wand and holy water. Finally, you have overspent your point buy for abilities by 2 points (you have 34 instead of 32 points).
drogthery Thanks for the changes, though your to hit with your melee weapons and your damage on your ranged has not been adjusted for your drop of Str.

stonegod

BTW: For the vignettes, the narrative flow is all in your hand. A paragraph of two like drogothery is fine. The idea is to get a feel for your character and to have some initial back and forth between the PCs.

If we get all the Pcs approved and the vignettes completed, I think we can start Mondayish. Of course, there is the issue of the break for Thanksgiving here Stateside, but we'll work through it.

Doomhawk

First Post
Papers? Blast! I knew I forgot something. I also rearranged the order Selase's possessions are listed in (magic items are all at the top now), but nothing is changed.
I'm still drawing a blank on Vignette 3, but see if you like this for the other two.

War is Hell: Mind racing, Selase considered the options. After a few moments of introspection, she decided it was time someone got their priorities straight, and valued human life above patriotism. She joined Daellin's men as they hastily prepared themselves, hoping she was doing the right thing.
She stood at the front of the archers' formation, trying not to shake, and as the riders drew near she brandished her blood-drop holy symbol like a weapon. "Did you abandon your eternal rest to slaughter innocents? Turn back, or lose even the semblance of life you now have!" The rotting horses thundered on heedless, and living and dead riders lowered their lances for the final stretch...

Unusual Circumstances: "It will be all right," Selase assured the little boy tugging on her sleeve. She wasn't as confident as she sounded; blood was still spurting from the stump of his mother's leg despite the tourniquet she had torn from her tunic. A warning cry from Marot made her look up to see a warforged, bearing down on her with its axe as much as fleeing from the howling nightmare of swirling debris. Without time to think, she threw herself at it, grabbing its axe just below the head, and although she barely slowed its momentum, its weakened ankle-joint allowed her to bear both of them to the ground.
She distinctly heard three ribs crack as the thing fell on top of her, and for a moment her whole world was white spots and a struggle to breathe, but the warforged had been dead before they hit the ground. The central portion of its breastplate was eaten away and the livewood beneath was already crumbling to ash where she had driven her palm bearing its spell. With a groan, Selase rolled the warforged off of her and rose to her knees. The mother's leg wasn't spurting any more. She folded the boy in her arms, bloody hands smoothing his dirty-blonde hair, and she sobbed with him.

EDIT: Hm, a distinct lack of back and forth makes these less useful for character development.

Last edited:

stonegod

Doomhawk said:
EDIT: Hm, a distinct lack of back and forth makes these less useful for character development.
PCs can comment/react to the other PCs and I will have a note or too as well, but there are the pre-dinner appetizers, not the main meal.

Oh, BTW: DarkRed has pretty poor luminance contrast with the default black. Could you choose a lighter color that is easier to read, such as normal red?

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
drogthery Thanks for the changes, though your to hit with your melee weapons and your damage on your ranged has not been adjusted for your drop of Str.

Okay, I think I've got everything except for mundane equipment taken care of now.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Vingette #1:

"Watcher! Intruders! The Ceremony is interrupted, brothers!"

As the voice rang out, Jarrith turns to his Lumin Brothers and sheepishly smiles. "Okay... I guess I was wrong."

He had just twenty minutes ago repeatedly assured the inquistor initiate and the warlock that he could help them remain silent as they approached the bonfire. Apparently that was nowhere near the case. And as the Khyber cultists begin andvancing on them in the bushes, he shrugs his shoulders and pulls his shortbow off his back. "Just means we have to do this the hard way, eh boys?"

And with that, Jarrith sprints off to the right, fires his bow and pegs one of the cultists in the thigh, and then continues circling around to the back of the camp.

Remove ads