D&D 5E Storm Over Baldur's Gate: Sundering Adventure 1

ggroy

First Post
Just noticed this on amazon.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Storm-Over-Baldurs-Gate-Sundering/dp/0786964634"]Storm Over Baldur's Gate: Sundering Adventure 1 (D&D Adventure): Ed Greenwood, Matt Sernett: 9780786964635: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

It looks like a new module, but no edition is stated.

Baldur's Gate is a fantastic medieval city with a long and storied history -- a city on the verge of tearing itself asunder. Storm Over Baldur's Gate presents the city in the time of the Sundering, a period that will define the future of the Forgotten Realms. In addition to providing 64 pages of in-depth information on the city and its inhabitants, this product includes a harrowing 32-page adventure in which the player characters defend Baldur's Gate against an ancient evil long thought slain.

Storm Over Baldur's Gate allows characters to participate in important events connected to the Sundering and glimpse the future of the Forgotten Realms.

Components:
64-page setting book describing Baldur's Gate and its inhabitants
32-page adventure book
Four-panel, foldout DM screen keyed to the adventure
Illustrated folder

JeffB

Legend
The Avatar Trilogy Lives.

I love Ed the DM and his original creation. I wish WOTC (and TSR prior) would not make him/ask him to do this kind of thing. He has spent the last 23 years trying to defend his reputation because of poor novel tie-in products. 10 years ago I would have trusted WOTC to get these products somewhat right, or passable. These days, no way.

That said, I certainly do not have to buy or run these, my game is pre TOT, so no need for any nerd drama on my end.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I think this was promised at GenCon (and will there be a survey that is used to design the realms??).

What edition is the big question. 5E is not supposed to be done by that point. Maybe it will be like Keep on the Shadowfel, where relevant rules are included?

Mirtek

Hero
I doubt it's Bhaal. He really hadn't much to do with BG. Yes, Sarevok chose to live there, but that's it and he was just one of many Bhaal spawns.

Neither did Bhaal visit BG during the ToT nor did he die that near to BG. Sarevok could have chosen any other city and BG doesn't even take place in BG

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Hm, well, there are supposed to be two "Sundering" adventures prior to 5E coming out. It's nice to see this (presumably the) first one coming along, though having it be halfway through the playtest is a bit late in the process if it's also supposed to be a way to solicit feedback.

seregil

First Post
No criticism of anyone, but this is exactly why I got out of FR way back when: the ever moving storyline with stuff happening everywhere. You can ignore it, but that's good only for so long as a supplement you like does too.

I'm just starting a new FR campaign, but it is set in the time of the old grey box and I am ignoring absolutely everything about the 'cannon' timeline. There will be no time of troubles in my world and Elminster is just another wizard.

YRUSirius

First Post
They are trying to do some kind of soft reboot. Not actually removing the spellplague events, but but they might go back to a 1E grey box feeling with their 5E Forgotten Realms. I feel they will bring back some beloved gods (Mystra, Helm). If they do this, there might be a chance that they will bring back evil deities too, like Bhaal. Bhaal was kinda popular due to the "Baldur's Gate" game.

Yes, he didn't die in Baldur's Gate, but he fell pretty close nonetheless (boareskyrbridge, non?). Baldur's Gate is the next big town, and newcomers to FR will relate Bhaal to Baldur's Gate (because of the game).

Btw, the game Baldur's Gate DOES take place in Baldur's Gate (atleast the first part).

How convenient that this game will get a rerelease for iPad. :)

-YRUSirius

YRUSirius

First Post
Don't split hairs! ;) The next real big town is Baldur's Gate. Ain't it bigger than Waterdeep in 4e? :)

Remember that the Fields of Death are near it too (nice place for Bhaal).

Yeah, I hope they'll bring back Bhaal and maybe Myrkul too.

-YRUSirius

Last edited:

Remove ads