• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change OOC Parts 1 and 2

Verbatim

Explorer
That is why I use the morningstar as my intimidation check. Nothing says "You picked the wrong day to be on shift" like a visit from the business end of a weapon...*L*

As munchkin as this is going to sound, I can't wait to get the morningstar in one hand and the dagger in the other. Talk about double the fun then..:) Seriously though, I know that sooner or later Dunathar's string of good luck is going to run out, then I will be in deep poop really fast.

GPEKO

First Post
The title of the book is “The Glory of Hextor: Devotion through Combat.” It is written in the common tongue, and has the following chapters:

1 – Increase your Fighting Prowess through Combat and Warfare!
2 – Grow Spiritually through Conquest!
3 – The Strength of Hextor: Dominating the Weak!
4 – Bar-room Brawling: Good Practice, but a Waste!
5 – Stay Focused on your Goals: Align your Will with Hextor’s!

The book is cheaply bound in low-quality leather. The book is not long, and the text is written somewhat larger than you’re used to seeing in a book.
:lol:

Hextor for dummies !!!

Manzanita

First Post
I love the titles too. Silentspace is really very creative, particularly since we could very well never have come to this little bandit camp anyway!

Verbatim

Explorer
The way I see it, we kick a few Hextorian butts, take over the camp for a few days to "rest and recoup", *cough lvl cough*, and then turn all our findings over to the nearest town.

I also think that the best thing we could have done was go ahead and slit the guard's throat as I'm really afraid that we're going to need every single healing spell, and more, that we have on hand to get through this.

mpickett81

First Post
Verbatim said:
I also think that the best thing we could have done was go ahead and slit the guard's throat as I'm really afraid that we're going to need every single healing spell, and more, that we have on hand to get through this.

You're correct in that it's the best strategy. I'm just playing it as my PC sees it due to his personality and alignment. He's neutral good. I'm aware that it's common for good aligned characters to get a "free pass" on killing evil characters indiscriminantly, but I try to add a little more depth than that.

silentspace

First Post
I think there are a lot of gray areas when determining what 'alignment' certain actions are. As in real life, there are lots of factors and circumstances that can play a role. In the gray areas, the intent behind your actions can be the defining factor, and I really like seeing you discuss that!

I also like how Dunathar and Adromon are separating their discussions in the IC and OOC thread... Using the OOC thread to make sure they don't misunderstand each other and discuss the tactical situation, while using the IC thread to show their character actions! :)

Verbatim

Explorer
I hope you guys don't think I am trying to rule which way to go, but I can't see Dunathar backing down just off of one arguement to spare the half-orc's life. However, if the others save Devon push for him being spared, then Dunathar would give into the group's wishes.

Hopefully adding to his background on the fly is okay with everyone. I actually first got the idea from the ambush fight and this was the first chance I could really work it into the mainstream of things. I did try to allude to him having a special hatred for them in the battle posts, but not sure if it carried over well with all that was happening.

Enough rambling from me, but did want to say this is a great game, and I am having a blast playing with you all..:)

mpickett81

First Post
I'm really enjoying this game as well. I like the way the current exchange is going. Roleplaying has always been my favorite aspect of... well... um... roleplaying.

Verbatim

Explorer
Same here, and I like how Silentspace allowed the resolution to happen amongst ourselves without feeling like he had to hit us with the DM wand of moving right along..:)

Remove ads