• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Story Hour - Your Favourite Story on the Boards

pogre

Legend
The Sins of Our Fathers

OK Folks there is a new Story Hour worthy of your attention. I know nothing about the author except that he has a real talent for writing. Check his stuff out and heap on the praise for lots of updates!

The Sins of Our Fathers

As Pirate Cat commented in the Story Hour:
Damn, man. You can write.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
to get the easy ones out of the way, yup, I read Sep's, Pcat's, and Sagiro's SHs. And they rocketh muchly.

Other SH I enjoy are the Jester's (high level Moorcockian Chaos madness!), The Unnusul Heroes Enter the CotSQ (please update it soon!), everything arwink writes (go the Yips!)...

...um...what else...?...

Drat it, I know I subscribe to more SH's than that, but I can't remember them off hand. gfunks Bastion of Broken Souls is pretty good, and I'd like to throw in a vote for Carnifex's SH, particularly if you've ever read a book called Perdido Street Station. Really interesting stuff.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
SepFanboy = SepFanboy +1;

I'm amazed no one has said, "Dude, just let me publish your notes in PDF! I'll scan 'em in and you'll retain all rights!"

It'd make a few bucks.

haiiro

First Post
shilsen said:
Jonrog1's Drunk Southern Girls with Guns, Zombie Toddlers and Bad Aliens.

I recently got pointed to jonrog1's <a href="http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4912">Dark*Matter SH</a> in another thread, and it rocks. Having just started reading the D*M hardback, I'm stoked about reading through this SH in full.

Since I first posted in this thread, I've also discovered Joshua Dyal's <a href="http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47072">Detroit Cthulhu SH</a>, which is also excellent. It's not very far along (only the first session, actually), so now is a good time to start. :)

(Edit: clarity.)

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Thanks to anyone who recommended me- and sorry to anyone who's noted my lack of updateys lately. I'm jerkish like that. Writing up an update now.

For a quick selling point, check this, dawg: Within a few updates, my story hour will be entirely completed. 1st through 20th levels over fifty-six sessions fully detailed for you. It'll soon be a complete work, with what I think will be a satisfying ending.

I simply must get around to reading Sep's some day... these slavering fans are just maddening.

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
My own two coppers

I'm a story hour newbie. I used to see that topic on the forums and wondered what the heck went on in there. It was a doorway I was scared to open.

Lord, am I glad I did.

I started reading Piratecat's - went back to the earliest archived posting I could find. I became hopelessly addicted. My job suffered, my family suffered, my life became a shambles of clicking 'Next' while drooling. And that was all on the first day.

Then I decided to look for whatever SH had the most hits on the top page. It was Sep's. All the painful after-effects of addiction kicked in again.

I have only two regrets: 1) I haven't been able to dive into the other, less heralded story hours, and 2) I don't live close enough to either of the aforementioned gentlemen to constantly ring their doorbells and beg to have a chair around their gaming table.

Cheers,
D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads