Story Hours Index (Authors, add your own):

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Title: Wild West Campaign

Module Threads:
1st Module - "Revenge, Renewal and the Promise of a New Year" (January 1882) http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=99053 (Story Hour completed)

2nd Module - "Wizards, Whiskey and Wonderful Things" (March 1882) http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=115136 (Story Hour now 60% Posted)

3rd Module - "Here There Be Vampires" (April 1882) http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=146609 (Story Hour now 75% Posted)

4th Module - "Ballots and Bullets" (May/June 1882) http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=161261 (Story Hour started - module currently being played)

Author: This is a group effort as it is a Play-by-Post campaign. Silver Moon DM for 3 modules; Dire Wolf DM for 1; other primary players include Baradtgnome, Kriskrafts, Moon Dancer, Orchid Blossom, Queenie, Randomling, & SteveJung.
Number of Threads: # 4 to date

Type: Western with Fantasy elements.
System: Hybrid D&D 3E and Boot Hill
Setting: Southeastern Arizona in 1882 on a world that includes D&D races, spells and religious pantheons.

Started: 08/08/2004
Average Installment Length: Medium to Long
Average Frequency of Installments: Twice a week.

Available for Download? Not yet, one player is working on that.
Style: Combination of 1st Person and 3rd Person as the game has been played primarily as a Play-by-Post.

Overview: Epic Western saga centered around the lives of the owners and employees of a saloon in the mining town of Promise City and the neighboring town of Tombstone. Atypical western in that D&D elements are present in the story which also contains a mix of historical characters (The Earp family) as well as characters from popular culture.

Reader Comment: From ledded: "Nice story, I like a good western."

Special: Links to web sites

Playing Character and NPC's Thread: http://www.randomlingshouse.net/viewtopic.php?t=3810

Town Description Thread: http://www.randomlingshouse.net/viewtopic.php?t=3861

Unique Magic Items Thread: http://www.randomlingshouse.net/viewtopic.php?t=3964

Timeline Thread: http://www.randomlingshouse.net/viewtopic.php?t=3963

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
Title: Legend of the Monkey Mage
Author: detomo
Number of Threads: 1

Type: Fantasy
System: D&D 3.5e
Setting: Homebrew - Ascorre

Started: ~08 Oct 2005
Average Installment Length: Medium
Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly

Available for Download? No
Style: Journal, different NPC authors

Overview: A group of adventurers, mixed up with a fey lord who can only be served by primates, trying to break his ancient curse.

Special: There's a glossary!

NiTessine

Explorer
Title: The Realmsian Jaunt
Author: NiTessine

Setting: Forgotten Realms

Started: 9th December 2005
Average Installment Length: Long
Average Frequency of Installments: Monthly (I wish!)

Style: 3rd person narrative prose

Overview: A group of intrepid adventurers lands themselves into one mess after another.

Reader Comment: "Sounds good so far! Really like the writing style - it turned the cliche'd start into a stirring opening scene. Rock on." -d'Anconia

Special: Forthcoming...

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Title: "Out of the Frying Pan"
Author: el-remmen
Number of Threads: 5

System: D&D 3.x
Setting: Aquerra (homebrew)
Started: February 2001
Average Installment Length: Long
Average Frequency of Installments: N/A
Available for Download? Book I (sessions 1 thru 11), Book II (sessions 12 thru 39), and
Book III (sessions 40 thru 63)
Style: 3rd person narrative prose, with extensive footnotes for campaign and meta-game info. Often grim n' gritty [adult themes].

Overview: Escape from conscription leads to dangerous adventures in an isolated part of the world.
Reader Comment: "It's a very distinctive story hour in terms of its flavor. Realism is probably the right word - the injuries are severe, people die routinely (but not in a campy LoT way - not bagging on LoT) and instead of thinking of the PCs and feeling care-free and mythical, one instead feels surrounded by ominous portents, burdened, tired, injured etc. - which on some level makes the heroism more meaningful." - Dherys Thal

Special:

Last edited:

Funeris

First Post
Valus - The Heroes of Marchford

Title: The Heroes of Marchford
Author: Funeris (Destan was the DM)

Type: Fantasy (Low-Magic).
Setting: Valus

Started: 24 August 2004
Average Installment Length: "Medium" (1-2000 words)
Average Frequency of Installments: Several times each month.

Style: 3rd person narrative prose.

Overview: Destan throws another group of would-be adventurers into the deadly world that is the Valus.

Reader Comment:
Namo said:
Great story. Maybe a little embarrassing for some of the characters, but – hey, that’s the fun part, isn’t it?

Special: None

Funeris

First Post
The Blade of Phoee

Title: The Blade of Phoee
Author: Funeris

Type: Fantasy (Dark/Gritty).
Setting: Homebrew (Norum da Salaex)

Started: 30 April 2005
Average Installment Length: "Medium" (1-2000 words)
Average Frequency of Installments: Several times each month.

Available for Download? Some Chapters (.pdf format)—See thread.
Style: 3rd person narrative prose.

Overview: A titanic struggle between the forces of good and an evil deity bent on reshaping the world in His own image.

Reader Comment:
Anti-Sean said:
Rhynos is a bad man. Someone needs to find him some pants, and run him through with a broadsword. Not necessarily in that order.

Special: None

sniffles

First Post
Title: Heritage of Dragonsreach
Author: sniffles
Number of threads: 1

System: D&D 3.5
Setting: Forgotten Realms/homebrew

Started: April 2005
Average Installment Length: Verbose
Average Frequency of Installments: Twice monthly
Available for download: not at present
Style: first person narrative journal entry

Overview: The Lady has blessed them with extraordinary abilities. They are not the first to be so blessed - but they may be the last.

Title: Shadows of Greatness
Author: sniffles
Number of threads: 1

System: D&D 3.5
Setting: Forgotten Realms

Started: February 2003
Average Installment Length: Verbose
Average Frequency of Installments: Twice monthly
Available for download: not at present
Style: first person narrative journal entry

Overview: The chorus may have fallen silent, but a new choir has arisen to take their place in the battle against the shadows.

Anti-Sean

First Post
Title: Cassael's Lament
Author: Anti-Sean
System: D&D 3.5e-based *(see Special)
Setting: Eberron

Started: 24 August 2005
Average Installment Length: Medium (1,500-2,000 words)
Average Frequency of Installments: variable, but shooting for 1 update per month

Overview: The themes of love, honor, duty, redemption and betrayal are explored as a warforged druid, a changeling sorceress, and an ex-paladin of the Blood of Vol seek to recover an ancient Dhakaani artifact.

Reader Comment:
Funeris said:
You utilize excellent characterization techniques. Truly. You make me feel for the characters...you make it seem that these are people I've known all my life...emotions very real and very believable.
Special: While this story is inspired by the Eberron campaign setting, it is not based on the exploits of any actual D&D sessions. That may be an issue for some potential readers.

spyscribe

First Post
Title: Welcome to the Halmae
Author: spyscribe

System: D&D 3.x
Setting: Homebrew (Halmae)

Started: February 2003
Average Installment Length: 1000-1500 words
Average Frequency of Installments: sporadic

Available for Download? Yes
Style: 3rd person narrative prose, with occasional winks to the underlying mechanics.

Overview: The Halmae is a world where arcane magic has recently emerged and has not yet reached its full potential. Some see this new power as a good thing; others are convinced it is an affront to the gods. Although the party is usually faced with adversaries who are all too human, there are corners of the world where monsters and fey roam freely. Characters began at 1st level and have (so far) reached 7th. The campaign is ongoing.

Reader Comment: “The story itself is compelling, beautifully written, and wonderfully character-driven. The individual characters are great fun to read. And the campaign, in both plot and setting, is utterly exquisite… This Story Hour also makes me weep for the types of adventures I could run before my party could teleport, wind walk and plane shift.” – Sagiro

Special:
  • Rogue’s Gallery Thread: Secrets of the Halmae, for non-players only.
  • The story hour thread also contains sidebars with additional information about the game world, its pantheon, etc.
  • The DM of this game (Fajitas) and player Wisdom Like Silence are former players from Piratecat’s “Defenders” game.

Last edited:

Title: Aphonion Tales
Author: Cerebral Paladin (with occasional guest posts by Ladybird)

System: D&D 3.x with some house rules
Setting: Aphonion, a homebrew world; continent of Drucien

Started: 17 April 2004
Average Installment Length: Short
Average Frequency of Installments: Twice weekly, Thur. and Sun.

Overview: The PCs are now the Archducal Council (i.e. ruler and top aides) of a major empire, and the games focus on high politics, intrigue, and warfare, with a dash of romance, as they try to keep the Archduchy of Canberry safe. Aphonion is the world of one of my favorite DMs. The DM has been running games in this world for more than 25 years, and it has a richness and depth unmatched by any other campaign I've played in. The game is currently focused on high politics and intrigue, although it started off as more of a travelogue-style game. The characters started at 3rd level, and are now about 12th.

Reader Comment:
Piratecat said:
I'm psyched to read the parts I missed.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases