Title: A Midsummer Abduction
Author: MichaelK
Number of Threads: Just the one.

Type: High heroic fantasy.
System: D&D 3.5e
Setting: Homebrew world.

Started: 17th July 2009
Average Installment Length: Long
Average Frequency of Installments: Several times a week, not on specific days.

Available for Download? Not yet. When there is more, I will make PDFs if anyone is interested.
Style: 3rd person narrative prose, with occasional winks to the underlying mechanics.

Overview: The tiny settlement of Rochester Village, population 500, isn't where you would expect to find heroes. When the children of Rochester Village are stolen away though, someone will have to become a hero to save them.

Reader Comment: This spot could be yours if you want to comment on the story hour.

Zadara

Explorer
Title: Zadara's Planescape Story Hour
Author: Zadara
Number of Threads: 1

Type/Setting: Planescape: Need I say more?

Started: July 23, 2009
Average Frequency of Installments: Every 2 weeks or sooner
Available for Download? No
Style: 3rd person narrative prose

Overview: Oh you'll see. Best suited for those who enjoy rooting for the baddies. The main characters: two assassins and a Doomguard. Three wrongs don't make a right... or do they?

Reader Comment: Often violent, seldom use of swearing/sex - nothing that grandma doesn't know about.

Camelot

Adventurer
Title: The Heroes of Althai
Author: Camelot

Type: Fantasy / Dramedy (Comedy and Drama)
System: D&D 4e
Setting: Althai (Homebrew)

Started: 29 August, 2009
Average Installment Length: Medium (Read in about 5 - 10 minutes)
Average Frequency of Installments: Monthly

Style: 3rd person narrative prose, with many hints to the underlying mechanics.

Overview: This is the story of the Heroes of Althai, great warriors, scholars, artists, and other miscellaneously categorized beings who could become great legends in the world of Althai. Or be eaten by an owlbear. This follows a game of Dungeons and Dragons, 4th edition, for which the DM stole all of my ideas about Althai (I wonder who that jerk is...). It’s a comedy, and as such, the characters are well aware that they are merely characters in a game, and behave accordingly. The great part is that you only get a glimpse of the world inside the game, not what’s going on out of character, so the real world is left to be inferred. Don’t be fooled by the jokes and bad decisions, though; occasionally, I’ll pull a fast one on you and insert some heart wrenching suspense and drama. But fear not, for the jokes shall always return. I couldn’t help it if I tried.

I'm easily distracted, and have been working on other projects. If anyone still wants this to continue, though, PM me and I'll do it. I'd like to have a reason to keep it up.

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Title: The Saga of the Defrosters
Author: TarionzCousin

Type: Fantasy
System: D&D 4E
Setting: Forgotten Realms

Started: 17 January, 2010
Average Installment Length: Medium, about 20 fascinating and funny paragraphs
Average Frequency of Installments: Bi-Monthly

Style: Omniscient Narrator of Chronicles

Overview
: Although the game started at first level, my character just joined as the PC's reached eighth level. It's a crazy, fun game full of laughter.

My chronicles are intended to be humorous as well as informative.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
The Friday Knights

Title: The Friday Knights
Author: Goonalan

Type: Fantasy/Humour
System: D&D 4th Edition
Setting: Nentir Vale

Started: October 2008-ish
Average Installment Length: Medium to Long, which includes Pics.
Average Frequency of Installments:Weekly

Style: Session reports outlining the action, some development of interesting moments along the way. DMs perspective as events evolve with encounter deatils etc. Plenty of pictures- mostly screen shots from MapTools of play.

Overview: The international on-line adventures of The Friday Knights, current members are Simon (playing Cathal), Jack (playing Lucan)- both UK citizens; Aksahy (playing Rock) from the USA; Zoran (playing Farkill) & Bob (playing Eruan), both from Serbia; & Christer (playing Nalfein) from Sweden.

The Knights are, or rather, were based in Fallcrest in the Nentir Vale, adventures completed to date include-

Goodman Games Sellswords of Punjar
WOTC Keep on the Shadowfell
Goodman Games Scions of Punjar
WOTC Thunderspire Labyrinth
Dungeon Mag The Forgotten Forge
Goodman Games Thrones of Punjar
WOTC Pyramid of Shadows

However I haven't caught up as of yet with the Story Hour, our intention is to play through all of the WOTC scenarios and some others- note I have changed much of the plot to take into account the campaign arc.

Initially the Story Hour starts as a full narrative and then changes to a shorter report style, this due to time constraints- why not have a look for yourself.

Thread starts here-
http://www.enworld.org/forum/story-hour/253572-friday-knights-thunderspire-labyrinth-pics.html

Change to report style write up starts here-
http://www.enworld.org/forum/story-hour/253572-friday-knights-thunderspire-labyrinth-pics-3.html

About halfway down the page.

Sometimes the pictures re-size thermselves and the thread is difficult to read, it seems to do this at random, if this is the case then go to- Thread Tools and 'Show Printable Version', and all you have to do is click on the links for the images.

Reader Comment:

I'm still here and just caught up. I'm a bit sad to see you go to the shorter format - not that I haven't enjoyed the later posts, far from it, but just because it's only been two-thirds of a page of fun, rather than about ten!

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate your selfish desire to hold down a job, have a life and actually spend time preparing and running the game, rather than spending all your time chained to a keyboard, nourished by nothing but PG Tips and Tunnocks caramel wafers, as you churn out page after page of perfectly formed prose for your barely appreciative and non-fee-paying public ...

Ahem ... where was I ... oh yeah - keep up the good work, and I'm glad you're having fun again DMing.

Cheers Goonalan

Nonei

Explorer
Title: Faerie Adventure
Author: Nonei

Type: Fantasy/Fey
System: D&D 3.5e
Setting: Homebrew/this portion of the campaign is in Faerie (or Faerieland, Feywild, whatever you wish to call it)

Started: 28 Feb 2010
Status: Ongoing; updated as the PCs travel through the storyline
Average Installment Length: Medium
Average Frequency of Installments: We play weekly, so at least that often; if I'm unable to post all of one session at once there may be a few posts over a week as I get to it.

Style: 3rd person narrative prose

Overview: Players enter Faerie in search of a power stone. Mortals have not crossed over to Faerie for 1000 years.

Title: War of the Burning Sky - the novel
Author: Ryan "RangerWickett" Nock

Type: Fantasy/Epic War
System: n/a
Setting: World of the WotBS campaign saga

Started: 23 February 2010
Status: Already written, posted in serial installments. Also posted at my EN World blog, in larger segments.
Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly-ish

Overview: Rakish con artist Rantle takes up arms to defend his home city during an invasion by the Ragesian Empire. But when his sorceress sister flees the oncoming armies, Rantle must abandon his homeland to follow her to a distant safe haven for refugee mages, where he finds himself embroiled in the broader conflict between nations. With the scourge of the Ragesian Empire closing in and deceptive allies on all sides, a thief and a liar like Rantle is just the hero this war needs.

Express2.0

First Post
Title: House Medani Detection Office:The Lady in Blue
Author: Express (2.0)
Number of Threads: 2

Type:pulp Fantasy
System: D&D 3.5e/Spirit of the Century
Setting: Eberron

Started: 30 June 2004
Average Installment Length: Short usually or Medium
Average Frequency of Installments: Weekly?

Style: First person narrative prose, sometimes slipping to 3rd person and other narrative styles, with emphasis on the pulpy and noirish inspired pastiches of 30's fiction (Chandler, Hammet and perhaps Lovecraft even.)

Overview: Adventures of the members of a small branch office of the House Medani: Calib d'Medani,Anvil, Dorbo, and Bynara.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Thunderspire Labyrinth- a statistical grind analysis

Title: Keep on the Shadowfell- a statistical grind analysis
Title: Thunderspire Labyrinth- a statistical grind analysis
Author: Goonalan

System: D&D 4e
Setting: Nentir Vale

Started: 13th May 2010
Average Installment Length: Short to Medium
Average Frequency of Installments: Daily.

Style: Mechanics with a little commentary.

Overview for KOTS: A turn by turn review of all the action as a bunch of neophyte (1st level and mostly noobs) do battle with H1 The Keep on the Shadowfell. Complete with all manner of stat based info- basically who did what to whom, and how did it worked out on a turn by turn basis. Just go and have a look why don'tcha- it'd be a lot quicker.

Now continued as the same adventurers press on into H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth, the statistics obviously also continue- oh and the PCs have now got a name, the group are calling themselves 'Hard Core'.

Last edited:

Cerulean_Wings

First Post
Title: From the Dungeon
Author: Cerulean_wings

System: Inspired on DnD
Setting: Homemade medieval fantasy

Started: 26th May 2010
Average Installment Length: Short to Medium
Average Frequency of Installments: Twice per week.

Style: Novel

Overview: A monster leaves his dungeon and travels to the land above, in order to find what is missing from his life. On his journey he meets 3 other people, each different yet sharing one common problem, and together they try to deal with their intertwining fates.

Remove ads