D&D General Strahd Castle Ravenloft in 3d glory!

EN World member shoak1 created this awesome 3D model of Castle Ravenloft -- "Just about to start my Ravenloft campaign, and here is the castle I built to use. It's a playable surface, room numbers are shown with white tags for reference (1 square=1 inch=5 feet). I had to keep it to half height to preserve building materials, so its only 160' tall sans dungeon levels, 32" tall."

View attachment 76536
View from top

View attachment 76537
entryway

View attachment 76538
chapel, K15

View attachment 76539
main floor, map 3

View attachment 76540
court of the count, 2nd story, map 4

View attachment 76541
Rooms of weeping, 3rd floor, map 5
(maps 6-10 are in towers and playable surfaces/decorated, but I didn't take pics of them

View attachment 76542
Larders of ill omen, dungeon level 1, map 11

View attachment 76543
Bottom floor dungeon/catacombs, map 12​

I'm curious, do you have a height to give me?
Warwick Castle in England is the tallest in the UK at 128 ft. Castles typically seem to max out at 95-110 feet tall.

Meanwhile, Castle Ravenloft is 360 feet tall.

A few cathedrals can be taller. But these are typically heavily buttressed with a single large tower. Ulm church, the tallest, has a slender tower-in-a-tower for support.

shoak1 - this is fantastic! Please ignore all petty snipes by previous posters ("I don't have time"/"it costs too much"). It's a f*ing labor of love and devotion and free whim. You even got the decor--an eye for detail. What a delight! My eyes water at how fun that looks, and how it's not feasible for me to join you at that table (yet). I wish I could split myself in two and send one of myselves to play with you!

I'm striving to make a world where everyone has plenty of time and means to devote to play, including D&D play. Play is a kind of recuperation and healing. And I strive to extend the imaginal worlds, such as the D&D Multiverse, to serve as pathways of nigh-spiritual devotion and transformation.

Thank you for sharing this. It's art. You are a cardstock craftsman!

shoak1

Banned
Banned
My build differs only in a few width/lengths, same layout as CoS/Ravenloft. So yes, it would be a spoiler, I even have number tags on the rooms

easytyger

First Post
Holy Sh*t! I had to register just to comment on the epic awesomeness. shoak1 for real this is so cool. I cannot fathom why anyone in this thread has said anything even remotely negative about it. Dude amazing work and i would absolutely kill to be able to play on that setup. I hope you take some pics of it in use with your party going through.

Fiò

First Post
Easytiger registered just to praise your craftmanship.
I am a looooong time lurker and never posted anything.

But, this time, I have to comment:

shoak1, you are stuff of legends! I raise a cup of good italian wine in your honor.

I deeply envy your players; whit this setup, you games surely are awesome!

Can you describe the faces of your players when you first reveal(ed) this setup to their eyes?

Ciao,

Fiò

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
Did I miss the height measurements throughout? I only found like one or two rooms that mention it.

Aside from that question, I would just like to say that this is a thing of beauty. I wish I played in campaigns with this much visual appeal ;-)

shoak1

Banned
Banned
lol, yeah even though I've been doing builds like this for a few years now w/my group (if you google search shoak1 and go to images, you'll see a lot of my other builds) and they have become a bit jaded, they will still occasionally register awe..... "dude - OMG! you made a frickin PIPE ORGAN prop?!!???!!"

But for the most part my players are just used to these sort of builds - that's probably one of the reasons I am compelled to post my creation, to get the pat on the back for my work lol :)

It kind of surprises me that w/all the miniatures zealots out there that more people don't do builds like this. Its certainly no more time consuming than painting miniature figures.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases