Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock

Rhun

First Post
Nerrak cackles, a bit crazily, as his summoned wolf attacks. Then he begins another spell, chanting a rhyme in the common tongue as he does so in an attempt to frighten the humans:

"Goblins kill with goblin spell
Maglubyet's power send you straight to hell
Fire and flame to end your life
Nerrak finishes you off with knife!"

As he finishes, the witchdoctor's hand bursts into vibrant flame, and Nerrak hurls it at the foe.

Hey renau1g, I've been using orange for Nerrak's speech...do you want me to change colors?

Resistance in effect, +1 to saves

Strahd: Can Daggermouth reach the enemy? If so, he will charge in to attack.

Summoned wolf continues to attack "Y". Bite +3 (1d6+1 plus trip)...also, if the human priest cast a spell last round, did it get an Attack of Opportunity?

Nerrak casts Produce Flame; ranged touch attack +4 vrs "Y." If Y is down, then target will be "K." Damage 1d6+2/x2. (Move as necessary to attack them. So like E48/49)

[sblock=Spells Prepared/Per Day]
Level 0 (DC13): 4 – Cure Minor Wounds, Light, Detect Magic, Resistance
Level 1 (DC14): 3 – Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Summon Nature's Ally I
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Ciki scratches her fangs wondering what the noice is when she hears someone shouting for her name. Spirits are calling? She gets up and scurries towards the noice, turning into run when she realizes there's a fight going on and ushers Whisper to hide in the folds of her garment.

Walking Dad

First Post
Nearly repeating his actions, Screech draws a bit of pork rind from his pouch and whispers the same arcane word of power, this time trying to grease the flute ending the horrible music.

[sblock=OOC/Stats]
Casts gease at the flute.

12/12 hp
19 AC/ 14 Touch/ 15 FF
F/R/W: +4/+3/+2
[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Ur'nagi, AC 18 (t 14, ff 15), hp 19/19.

ic - Yar Gock

The unwanted warrior lets out a wild, undulating battle cry, stabbing at the prone dwarf. This is where Ur'nagi was born to be, at the front, in the thick of the fighting. Blood pounds in her ears. Her iron spearhead screeches a it struggles to gap in the dwarf's heavy armour.

In the back of her mind a small, quiet voice whispers, "You must fall back, draw them in deeper where they can be surrounded and destroyed. They must not be permitted to retreat, to escape and inform the humans of our location."

"Later," hisses Ur'nagi. "When I have killed this dwarf."

[sblock=ooc]Attack/Damage (1d20+6=12, 1d4+1=5)
AoO Attack, Damage (if needed) (1d20+6=16 [10, 6], 1d4+1=5 [4, 1])

Maybe enough with the prone penalty to AC, assuming that he is still down when Ur'nagi's turn comes around.[/sblock]

Round 2.

Ciki scratches her fangs wondering what the noice is when she hears someone shouting for her name. Spirits are calling? She gets up and scurries towards the noice, turning into run when she realizes there's a fight going on and ushers Whisper to hide in the folds of her garment.

The human priest swings his mace to the summoned wolf and almost breaks the animal's skull, the wolf shrieks in pain.

Nerrak cackles, a bit crazily, as his summoned wolf attacks. Then he begins another spell, chanting a rhyme in the common tongue as he does so in an attempt to frighten the humans:
"Goblins kill with goblin spell
Maglubyet's power send you straight to hell
Fire and flame to end your life
Nerrak finishes you off with knife!"

As he finishes, the witchdoctor's hand bursts into vibrant flame, and Nerrak hurls it at the foe, but his aiming skill fails him again and the sphere strikes the cave's wall.

Nearly repeating his actions, Screech draws a bit of pork rind from his pouch and whispers the same arcane word of power, this time trying to grease the flute ending the horrible music. The agile human maintain his balance and begins another song, an inspiring one that tells about a band of dwarves that destroyed a clan of goblins.

The songs seems quite inspiring and the dwarf raise to his feet, with a quick leap the well built dwarf tries to bash Ur'nagi out of the way and down to the cave's bottom. The dwarf is too much for Ur'nagi, he is very strong and stout. The goblin female swings her spear but it bounces off the dwarf's plate, the next thing she see if the dwarf's grinning face further and further away as she plunge down to cave's bottom.

Angered at the light brought down here by the human, especially accompanied by that accursed music Taz hisses at their enemies, "Youse made mistake coming here, now we eats your bones" Taz hisses in broken common. Smiling a twisted grin as he fires a bolt at the human with the flute, hoping to stop him from continuing with his words. The bolts files into the cave's wall.
After his attack, Taz realized their comrade Ciki wasn't around. Thinking that she could be useful, despite her obvious insanity he yells out in the goblin tongue "Ciki, we's need your help! Hurry!", hoping to catch her attention.

The woman raise from her prone cover to her knees, she immediately cast a spell, now it her turn to cast grease on the cave's floor, catching Nerrak and his wolf unprepared, the entrance to the rest of the den in "blocked" by a slippery substance. Nerrak crushes on the ground while his wolf maintains balance.

[sblock=Actions]
Ciki – move to R37.
Priest (K) – Attack wolf 16, dmg 8.
Nerrak – casts Produce Flame, range touch Y 8. Ref. save vs. grease [Fail]
Summoned wolf – Attack K 12. Ref save vs. Grease [Success]
Nerrak's Wolf – nothing.
Screech – Casts grease V36:U37.
Human (A) – Ref save vs. Grease [Success], inspire courage.
Dwarf (T) – Ref save vs. Grease [Success], Bull rush Ur'nagi [Success]
Taz – range attack A 12.
Mage female (Y)- casting defensively, concentration [Success], grease T35/S36.
Mek – ...
Ur'nagi – AoO T 15, Bull rush [Fail], dmg 12.

Active spells & Effects:
Nerrak – resistance.
Grease - V34:U35
[/sblock]

Ur'nagi and Mek can post new actions

Attachments

• Gobintown.xls
    67.5 KB · Views: 93

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mek (Bugbear Ranger 1)

Mek growls as he appears from the darkness like a stalking cat, flanking the intruder, and slashes - with his dwarven war axe hungrily seeking clansmen blood.

[OOC: I'm back, and I'll be unconscious here in a moment. :) ]

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
ic - Yar Gock

Darkness crashes down on Ur'nagi. A hammer blow driving the air from her lungs. For a moment everything is quiet, peaceful. Everything is gone.

Sucking in air, Ur'nagi surges to her feet. "I'm all right," she snarls. Pain lances through her body. Her vision blurs and the cave swims before her eyes. She coughs, it comes up bloody. Not all right. Something is broken inside. Looking down, Ur'nagi notices that she still holds her spear in her hand. She takes it as a sign. She is not finished fighting.

Ur'nagi glances around the chamber. Four. There are still four.

"Split their forces. Use the tunnel choke points," she wheezes. It hurts to speak. There is no air in her lungs. But the other goblins should know. It is how they fight.

Ur'nagi watches Mek stalk off up the ledge towards the invaders. With one last glance around the chamber, she makes a decision.

"Get Wolf."

[sblock=ooc]Intention: Run to wolf chamber and get Wolf. Mount up and head on back to the fight. I'll leave you to work out how long that takes, Strahd.[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Ciki comes running and screaming past the bend in the tunnel and comes to a screeching halt as she sees the other goblins. It is impossible to tell wether she starts a strange dance or hurt her foot but she makes a few spins hopping on one foot, all the while screaming words.

EDIT: Okay I modified it a bit after taking a long look at the map. Ciki is holding back waiting untill she sees the enemy...

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Hearing Urnagi's commands, Taz debates the actions and decides the tactics are sound. He moves as quickly as he can through the females grease filled area and moves down the tunnel away from the enemy.

[sblock=OOC]
Balance Check (1d20+1=19)
Can move at 1/2 speed through area, double move action -> end up at N38 (I believe I did it correctly)
[/sblock]

Remove ads