• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock

The hatred sun... it hurts the goblin's eyes.
Taz sneak along the mined passageway, to the edge where the sun rays shine on the entrance and where it is enough to see a clear line to the dirt path that zigzag to the entrance and the forested slope of the knoll.
Luckily, he knows the common tongue of the humans, and his sharp ears prick when he hears again the rattling noise.

Looks like the village elders are quite agitated by the recent massacre of the caravan. Otherwise, there is no reason why they sent a group of adventurers to finish the goblin menace for all. Taz spots a stout, ugly dwarf, the dwarf's full plate shackles like a rumbling thunder, causing noise all over the knoll, no matter how he tries to walk quietly, on his left hand strapped a big shield, in his other hand an intimidating battle axe, no question at all, this dwarf came to slew goblins. Behind him, less noisy, Taz spots a human, dressed with a shiny armor with a silver billet engraved in the center, the same symbol, dangling from his neck identify him as a local priest of some human god.
Another human of some sort, with pointy ears, could be a cross breed of some sort, walks behind them, his armor is light and he carries a bow and a sword. The last one is a human female, dressed in robes, she holds nothing but a leather case around her hips. They are heading to the entrance, they haven't noticed you yet.

renau1g

First Post
Taz's eyes open wide with a combination of emotions, fear, excitement, and surprise. He sneaks back to the guard area and speaks to Nerrak

"Nerrak, I was the sneakiest I was. There are fours of them out there. There's a hated dwarf so louds in his heavy armor, a human with a symbol of one of their weak gods, nothing next to Maglubiyet. There's also a pointy-eared human with a bow and woman with robes on, she doesn't even have any armor at all. I tolds you I was sneaky, what we do now? We goes and gets the Dwarf Hunter?" Taz exclaims, while looking expectantly at witchdoctor.

Rhun

First Post
"Go, get Mek now." The goblin witchdoctor quickly climbs to the top of the flint pit, readies his weapons, and back into the shadows in hopes of being able to surprise the hated enemy. He motions Daggermouth to hide just outside the chamber toward the shelf, where the wolf is out of sight but close enough to rush in and savage a foe.

Hide +6, ready action to throw spear (Attack +4, 1d4+1/x2)

Walking Dad

First Post
Screech, the wardrummer

Screech takes a new hiding posistion near Nerrak and whispers at him in his raspy voice: "Let's... kill... woman... first... Perhaps... crazy... like... Ciki."
ooc: Hide+10

renau1g

First Post
Taz rushes over to the slave's den and whispers excitedly to Mek "Dwarf-Hunter, enemies are heres, they brings dwarves with axes with them. They's almost here, hurry".

With that he'll turn around and rush back to the Flint Pit, scrambling up the knobby side and taking aim with his crossbow.

[sblock=ooc]
Hide +9, ready action to fire crossbow 1d20+5, 1d8 damage (aiming for either the half-breed or unarmored woman, whoever he sees first.

[/sblock]

I'm ready.
Say Ur'nagi and ready her spear.

Ur'nagi sits at the bottom of the pit. She wait to run along the shaft to confront the intruders, Mek is also in the bottom.
The others are located around the low shaft, preparing ranged weapons. The entrance is dark, sunrays do not penetrate too deep, then whispers can be heard and light can be seen, the hatred foes lighted a torch and begin to enter cautiously.

[sblock=Human tongue]
The rattling armored dwarf whisper loudly enough for you to hear.
"Stupid humans with cursed eyes". They don't hear us, but they'll see the torch.
"Shut .p Go..sh .d ...dy"
[/sblock]

*last preparations...

Attachments

• Gobintown.xls
    63 KB · Views: 82

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mek (Bugbear Ranger 1)

[OOC: Wow, I had no idea that is was set up like that. Very interesting. :)

We all may want to hide in the entrances until at least one or two of them have climbed down about half way. We will have a great advantage then. No dex bonus plus possibly falling damage. We may be able to eliminate one person on a surprise round and possibly a second if our initiative is good.

If everyone in the open at the bottom they will be able to see us and then they have the advantage of height and we will be unable to effectively retaliate.

We do not have time to flank them as I would prefer. Hiding in the entrances and ambushing them will probably get us the best results.

Just a thought. =)

Mek will be hiding in one of the entrances.
]

Remove ads