Strahd's "RttToEE" CLOSED

Rhun

First Post
"Ach, o' course lad! I would not be much o' a dwarf if I 'ad not a 'ammer!" With those words and a solemn nod, Korbryn pulls the warhammer from his belt and holds it our to Miltiades.

Four sided Column + Altar

The first side is jet black and depicts a tall, muscular man in full plate armor with unfamiliar flanges and fluting. He wears a cape and holds a wavy-bladed sword. The second side is dark green, carved into a man swathed in a flowing robe with long sleeves and a high collar, covering the face is a lilac-colored stone mask like the one you found in the dragon's treasure. The third side is deep blood red and depicts a man in high boots, a doublet, and gauntlets of twisting design. A hood drawn tight around the face covers his head. The fourth side is a statue of a man colored deep indigo. The figure is clothed in a many pleated robe with a sash covered in strange sigils, his head is cowled and he cradles a scepter in his folded arms.
[sblock=Korbryn]
On the second side, Korbryn's dwarven eyes spots a narrow slit along the lower part of the robes, it could be a secret compartment of some kind.
[/sblock]

A weird feeling pass through your spine as you turn your head from the four sided column to the altar

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid looks uncomfortable in the room, and stays away from the column and the altar. "Uh... you need me to search anything?" he says unforcefully.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn uses his greatsword to point toward a spot on the second figures' robes, what appears to be a split or niche in the flowing stone robes. "Kid...here..." the dwarf says.

Voadam

Legend
Miltiades nods and takes the hammer. "Thank you. I knew I could count on you Korbryn. Hmm, the altar seems somehow more disturbing than the column, even with the confirmation of the mask carving that the pillar is connected to the cultists. Sacrifices for a fell power, no doubt. Before I start trying to deface them, let's see if there is magic present here." Miltiades casts a minor divinatory spell.

detect magic.

stonegod

Gingerly, the Kid begins searching the statues, starting from Korbyn's indicated spot.

OOC: Search for secret compartments/switches first; then traps. Assuming no one is in a rush, take 20; otherwise, take 10.

Miltiades's Divine magic reveals a strong aura, evil natured flowing from the black altar. The specific school is undeterminable because there are too much schools of magic in this altar.

Searching the four sided column where Korbryn just pointed, Thandis finds the narrow slit and the secret button, inside a secret compartment you find a skin-covered black drum.
Blessed Glittergold, it's a human skin, blasphemy!
The gnome calls

Searching around the column, Thandis find that every one of the remaining three sides have secret compartments as well, in the first one you find a small bead. Miltiades finds the bead to be magical (Moderate evocation).
In the third side, the secret compartment holds a set of silver chimes. In the fourth side's compartment you find a bronze brazier and three chunks of incense.

Could be ceremony tools … but to whom? The elder elemental eye?
The Historian gnome goes back and forth, trying to remember something

stonegod

"Phaw!" The Kid spits, seeing the 'relics.' "Prolly one for each of those tainted elements. Earth, fire, whatever. Doesn't feel good to me."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Hmm... very odd. Mind if I look at the four objects? They obviously have some purpose." Ithiken wanders over and collects the four items and studies them a bit. (Spellcraft +7 to determine if they have some part in magical usage)

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn stands nearby, with his blade still held ready. As Ithiken investigates the items, the dwarf's eyes dart back and forth, flicking from shadow to shadow.

Remove ads