Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

[sblock=Turo's detect magic]
The ring is not magical, it turns to be a simple rusted silver ring.
The metallic container potion shines with Faint illusion aura, you guess the spell with in related to the Illusion school.
[/sblock]

Yair

Community Supporter
Maor is amazed at the man running past him into the cave. Dropping his spade, he runs after him into the cave just in time to catch his performance in front of Turo. He eyes the man with suspicion, and lowers - but does not sheath - his sword. "We've been fooled once by pretending travelers already. Funny how I didn't notice you until you were nearly at the cave."

OOC: Sense Motive on new PC (1d20+6=11).
Well, it seems strange and all :D

The Baklunish slips past Maor as he dig out the graves, calling for help, Maor instincts tell him that the human's crying is real enough, one way or the other he radiates no evil.
Down the slope, you hear Gorash shouts
What's happening? You found a survivor?
Kill him … I meant, don't believe him, it could be a trap!
Calls Atesh to Maor
A disturbing flow of thoughts floods Maor as Atesh calls for precaution

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“Hey, what's going on?” Allyra asks. “And who are you, and where did you come from all of a sudden?” the wizardess then continues, as she spots the new man on the scene.

Her eyes also curiously scrutinize the small fire elemental. Interesting... she thinks.

Yair

Community Supporter
"He... seems to be a survivor" Maor hollers to Atesh and Gorash. Looking at Atesh with a concerned face, he waves him to approach. "Come here already, judge for yourself." Focusing on him approaching, Maor again mumbles in celestial. "Har'e li et hareshasim, avi. Pekach einay".

OOC: Hebrew is celestial enough. :) It's "show me the wicked, father. Open my eyes.", for those knowing the lingo.
Maor will try to see whether Atesh is evil, and he'll scan the others too while he's at it. If Atesh won't come, Maor will approach him after scanning the others first.
That leaves him with 4/7 level 1 spells for today.

Boddynock

First Post
"Zariq, no!"

The little man is speaking to the elemental. He tries to stand and eventually manages it. His eyes are not focussed, and he has difficulty keeping his feet. The fiery creatures moves closer but still stays between the party and the man.

"I am Eliyyad of Ekbir, a humble trader and a dabbler in a little magic."

He starts to bow, then very rapidly decides against it. He retreats a step or two, and leans against the wall of the cavern.

"Zaqir is my familiar - a gift of the Jann to one most unworthy to receive it. Yet we travel together and find blessing in one another's company."

"I was travelling with the caravan when it was attacked. I jumped down to find out what had caused us to stop - a mistake, as I soon found out. Before I could do any more than gape like a foolish camel at the ogre which came charging at me, it swung that tree-trunk it used for a club, and caught me in the side of the head. I remember flying through the air but no more until I woke just a moment ago. I had been flung bodily over an outcrop of boulders - and I suppose that it then forgot about me in the heat of battle."

"Did any of the others survive? Entaril? Or his son? Ah, these foul beasts have ended many a good person's life today!"

After this long speech, Eliyyad sways again, and groans as he slides slowly to the ground.

"Perhaps I might trouble you for a blessing, gentle cleric? At least so that I might uncross my eyes?"

wmasters

First Post
Turo nervously approaches the newcomer, wary of the elemental. Assuming that the elemental does not come too close he gives him a thorough check, (Taking 20 on a Heal check: 1d20+4 = 24), to see how badly he is hurt and whether his injuries match up with his story of the attack from the ogres.

[sblock=Maor's Detect Evil]
Atesh is no evil by nature, but something happened to him since you came into the mountains, his thoughts are wicked enough to keep you alert, you wonder what he thinks.
As for the others, no one radiates evil, the Baklunish survivor is good hearted
[/sblock]
[sblock=Turo's Heal]
A big bruise and wide hematoma can be seen under the man's garbs, you feel some broken ribs, this man got stroked by a massive weapon, you saw he same injuries on Garon and Maor a moment before you healed them.
[/sblock]

wmasters

First Post
Turo nods having seen his injuries. "Keep that" nodding towards the elemental, "at bay and I'll see to you."

Using his other pearl of power he will recall Lesser Vigor, and cast it on the man, hoping that this will be sufficient to cure his pains. "I fear that yoy have been fortunate compared to your friends from the caravan. I can only hope that they managed to escape, but we saw no sign of survivors."

Yair

Community Supporter
"Welcome, Eliyyad". Maor sheaths his sword, finally. "I am afraid we did not arrive in time to aid the others. Once you have recovered, please come back outside - if you can muster the strength, I think they would appreciate someone who knew them to say something on their graves. I'm sorry for putting this on you like this, but we are kinda of in a hurry."

Addressing the others, he adds "Now what? Suerly Eliyyad cannot just stay here, nor can he travel alone back in these dangerous mountains. And we have only been slowed down in our quest."

He ignores the enigma that is Atesh for now, having decided to talk about it with Turo later, in privacy.

OOC: Eliyyad means "hand of (my) god" in Hebrew, BTW, Boddynock - did you know?

Remove ads