Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Saracor

Explorer
"I'm sure we can manage to take him along to the next settlement where he perhaps can find a way to get back since we cannot abandon him to these mountains alone." Garon eyes the newcomer with some hesitation but since Maor seems more at ease he will be more accepting.
"I'm sorry we weren't in time to save the others but the ogres seemed rather quick and brutal."

Gorash

We must proceed
Calls Gorash from the road where he stands, some 200 meter down the slope.
The road goes up and above the mist I guess, so we must hurry, before the night of the dark gods fall upon us.

The burial takes an hour, in the meantime you chit chat with the newcomer, learning the caravan traveled from the Perrenlands, most of the times they were alone on the road, encountering a veteran group of soldiers from Perrenland heading into the mountains with no obvious reason, wild animals, few bands of mountain goblins and 5 days ago they came upon a group on priests and knights from Veluna but except custom greetings and information there were no real conversation.

Boddynock

First Post
Yair said:
OOC: Eliyyad means "hand of (my) god" in Hebrew, BTW, Boddynock - did you know?
OOC:
I noted the 'El-' root in passing but didn't stop to ponder the meaning of the whole. Thanks for letting me know. That's cool. :D

Boddynock

First Post
OOC:
What's the effect of lesser vigor? And where can I find a description of the spell? Thanks.

Never mind, I found it. What's Turo's caster level? Does it max out the lesser vigor to 15 hp restored?

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
"Zariq, these are friends. Be calm!"

Eliyyad motions to the fire elemental to step back, and while it doesn't actually nestle against him, still it moves to his side and conforms its flames to the outline of his outstretched arm. This allows Turo to minister to the wounded trader without discomfort.

Unable to touch his familiar, Eliyyad adopts a crooning tone when speaking to Zariq which is much like a caress.

"There, my fiery heart, my brave one, my flame of purity, delight of my eyes. I will be fine. Come, my warrior, my sunburst, all is well."

As the spell takes effect, Eliyyad sighs, and the tight lines of pain soften and disappear from his face and his body. His vision gradually clears, and he looks up in gratitude to Turo before getting to his feet, and making the salaam to him and to the group at large.

"Ah, my thanks, gracious sir. You have saved my life. My head now no longer feels like an overripe melon, split to sate the thirst of a wandering savage of the wastes."

"Thank you, my thanks to you all."

Having taken part in the short funeral and having spoken kind words over the fallen, Eliyyad turns to the others and says, "I would be grateful for your company through these mountains. In exchange, I offer what little service lies in my power. Should you have need of a trader's skills, or of some small fripperies of magic, I would be delighted to begin to repay the merest drop of the ocean of gratitude I owe you."

"But before we leave, I beg you, a moment to remove the stench of my own blood from my clothes."

His fingers move in complex patterns and he intones a short chant, then concentrates. As he does so, the blood fades from his clothes, then, more slowly, from his face and hands. Finally, any standing close to him can catch a whiff of a subtle, exotic scent.

"There. Now I am ready."

[sblock=OOC]Cast Prestidigitation.[/sblock]

wmasters

First Post
[sblock=Lesser Vigor]Lesser Vigor is in the Spell Compendium and Complete Divine (I think - it's one of the Complete series. I'm at work, so can't look it up at the moment).

Turo's caster level is 6 is the spell does max out, granting Fast Healing 1 for 15 rounds.[/sblock]

Yair

Community Supporter
Upon the road, Maor arranges to talk to Turo in relative privacy. Speaking softly while they are some distance from anyone else, he lays out his concerns over Atesh. "I've cast detect evil to examine Eliyyad, as best I can. He was alright - but Atesh wasn't." Giving Turo a grave look he adds "Not evil, not really, but there was something... off there, something not right. It's like he's embroiled in evil thoughts, yet not evil. I have also glimpsed him stealing body parts from the fallen ogres after the last battle - I thought it was for some arcane purpose, but now I don't know. I suspect he might have been possessed by some malevolent spirit."

wmasters

First Post
Turo's brow furrows at Maor's words. "This is most disturbing news. This bears further investigation, of course; if some spirit is influencing Atesh then it must be banished, of course."

Turo uses his Detect Evil ability and scans the group, particularly concentrating on Atesh. Assuming that he gets the results Maor describes, Turo will keep a careful eye on Atesh, to see if he acts strangely at all.

[sblock=Turo's Detect Evil]
Turo scans the group, looking at each individual for a couple of seconds, concentrating and tries to feel evil and malevolent thoughts.
Nothing radiates from the other party members except Atesh, despite the fact that you can sense that he is not evil by nature and you haven't felt it before, there is something wrong, something changed, he seems to be far and he rides alone in front, from time to time he sends an inspecting glance toward the newcomer and whispers with his raven. Those thoughts are disturbing indeed and a faint taint of evil flows from them.
[/sblock]

wmasters

First Post
Turo had hoped that perhaps Maor was mistaken, but knew that it was unlikely that he was. "We must let the others know." he says to Maor. Turo proceeds to try and gradually attract the attention of the rest of the group, trying not to draw any particular attention from Atesh.

Remove ads