Strife in Sokara - A solo game for Brother Shatterstone

Jarval

Explorer
"Tell us of your home." Ged says after a moment's thought. "The Forest of Larun is a natural wonder, from what I have heard, although I have also heard that few dare set foot inside it."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Holy Warrior/Scout)

“Well, of course it is my home so it holds a certain amount of fondness for me,” Brystasia grin is nearly larger than life, “I miss it, and all the woodland creatures. The trees are so big and close to each other that in many ways they are the buildings of the town, they tell you where you can and cannot walk and force you to take a certain path. Everything is a lush green, except for the wild flowers, which seem to come in any color imaginable.”

“The water is crisp and clear, unspoiled and uncorrupted by the demands of civilization and the city,”
She pauses and her lovely perfect features becoming distant but she continues to smile, “as I said before I think I miss the lakes, streams, and ponds the most. To bathe in them, it’s like being kissed by Aymara herself, nothing is more beautiful…”

Jarval

Explorer
"It sounds truly wonderful." Hestia says, hanging on Brystasia's every word. "If we could, I would love to see it for myself. Nature unfettered by people." She makes a gesture that includes the inn, and by extension the rest of the city.

"As pleasant an idea as that sounds, I think we should be cautious." Ged states firmly. "I have heard that the forest can be a very dangerous place. I'm sure you have nothing to fear, Brystasia, but I am less sure that myself or Hestia could wonder freely through it." He looks thoughtful, then shrugs.

"I could be mistaken, of course. Hearsay and the second-hand stories of nervous travelers are far from the most reliable sources of information..."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

“They are true in ways,” Brystasia says, “I wouldn’t dismiss them straight out… The elves, and many other intelligent creatures that call the forest home, are not fond of strangers and even less so if they cause indiscriminate or incautious damage to the forest,” she pauses looking for a fair comparison, “It would be as if I went to the Healing Halls and took an axe to one of the walls for firewood,” Brystasia smiles hopeful that her comparison was understood, “Does that make sense?”

Jarval

Explorer
Ged and Hestia both nod in understanding at Brystasia's words.

"So, as long as we treat the Forest with the appropriate degree of respect, we will be unlike to run into trouble?" Ged asks. "That only seems reasonably, especially given the analogy that you used. Do the fey regard the Forest as a holy site?"

"I'm going to get us all some food." Hestia interjects. "What would you like Bry?"

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

“I would believe you would be safe enough but some just dislike outsides no matter what,” the half nymph said cautiously and with some concern, “and yes some see the forest not just as home but as a holy shrine. It’s those that I would be weary of them.”

“Food would be very nice,”
Brystasia agreed with a smile, “whatever you plan to get for the two of you should be fine, Hestia.”

Jarval

Explorer
"Alright, I'll be back in a moment." Hestia gets up from her seat and makes her way across the common room to the bar. Ged watches her for a moment, then looks back to Brystasia.

"How's she bearing up?" He asks, clearly concerned. "I fear that today may have been a great test to her nerves."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

“Oh, well,” Brystasia fumbles for a reply, “I haven’t seen her do anything worrisome… I believe she is fine but you should stay close and hold her tonight if she needs or desires it. Have you seen Hestia do anything worrisome tonight?”

Remove ads